Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: One Auto Ord 1911 and an Argentine Ballerina Molester .45

Default One Auto Ord 1911 and an Argentine Ballerina Molester .45

Well, thought about posting it on the Thompson section, but it is a 1911 made by Thompson.(before Kahr) Standard G.I. except for the slide serration being angled. Trigger is nice too. One of the better ones they made. I have seen some bad ones and had one officer's ACP size gun that was pretty pad. Grip safety didn't work and the slide locked oen on every shot. Quite a few tool marks on it too. Didn't keep that one. The one I have has not failed. I don't shoot it much now. Still like new. Reallynever shot it much. Usually shot beaters I had. Real tight shooter.

And a sorta 1911ish, Argentine Ballester Molina .45. It was madeduring the time of WWII mostly for the local military. This one is so marked. And for the British for the war effort. The Colt 1911 was also made there under license. This is a simplified bersion. The top half is like the 1911 and the bottom half more like the STAR pistols from Spain. IIRC the barrel, link, recoil spring, magazine, and a few small parts interchange with the 1911. No grip safety.

Tje scuttlle butt on these pistolas is that they were made from the melted down steel from the Nazi pocket battleship, Graf Spee. It was badly damaged and scuttled at the mouth of the Platte River in Argentina duing WWII. Some historians hold to this story, others discount it. The steel used in these guns was most likely U.S. steel bought by the British and shipped to Argentina to make the guns. They are exremely well made, erviceable and accurate. This is an all original match #s gun. I have had one other that was a rework. It was a great shooter too.

Nice. I like old pistols.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'm hoping to get one of the new AO 1911 GI replicas, supposed to be faithful even to the ejection port.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Very nice! Love em both.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My Thompson's a little scruffy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Nice looking pistolas!

But I've got to ask, and no disrespect meant in the least, are you perhaps related to an old goat that goes by the name of Jocko? Your writing style reminds me of him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    Nice looking pistolas!

But I've got to ask, and no disrespect meant in the least, are you perhaps related to an old goat that goes by the name of Jocko? Your writing style reminds me of him for some reason.
    Ya won't believe it, but I have been asked that on some forum before about the same old goat. I know alot of old goats, but no Jocko. Not a relative wither.

Food for thought, we never see Pancho and Jocko posting at the same time?

Hmmmm..............................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."