Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why he doesn't like Kahr.

H4T2 is an idiot. he's standing there with a gun on a bad guy that's 10 feet away with a knife or gun in his hand and H4T2 is worrying about the trigger? WTF!? shot the bad guy! your way past the conversation stage. if the bad guy has given up and dropped the weapon and your just standing there waiting for the cops, finger is back on the frame.
    the Kahr is just another one of those 1/2ass(hmmm, maybe 3/4) gun designs, where the designer was trying to give the customer a lightweight, easy to operate, safe pistol that kind of works and feels like a revolver and holds more ammo. in every desing there are a number of comprimises: the Kahr is not full DA, nor is the trigger "Glocky". the Kahr holds more than J-frame but not enough for a serious urban battle (I carry 2 of them). if H4T2 want's a trigger with a wall before the break, he should be looking at a Glock, Walther PPQ, or any of the fine(heavy) XD products. you know anybody can hang a video on youtube and can say they are an expert. (most are just loudmouthguy).

Before you call someone an idiot.............punctuation, spelling and capitalization go along way towards your credibility..............just sayin...................

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Sheepdog View Post
    I totally feel the same way. Trigger slack and reset are great for training and target practicing. I've never been in a situation where I had to fire my duty weapon and I hope I never have to but trigger reset is going to be the last thing I worry about.
    +1000 yeah (my opinion only) under stress you aint gonna notice a reset. You are gonna squeeze and that's about it. Seems this reviewer guy wants a trigger that loads up. Why? In all fairness, the reviewer did say clearly that this review is only his opinion and take it for WIW. In my opinion, its worth jack sheet.
    I am the Living Man

Dude's obviously never fired a good, if any, revolver.
    NRA Benefactor

I do find it kinda funny how he supposedly now owns a CW380. I guess he went to his LGS and didn't do any research and picked a gun just because "It looked cool". Hahahaha

I have a Kahr and a Glock (plus others). I like both. I think he isn't used to the dual action trigger concept. With your finger on the trigger of a Glock and having taken up the slack, it's about like a single action 1911. The slightest pull and it will go bang. He shows trying to stage the trigger of a Kahr. My Kahr trigger breaks very predictably but I wouldn't want to try and stage it for something I'm not ready to shoot. In the situations he's talking about there would maybe tenths of a second difference between holding a Glock trigger with the slack out or just pulling through with the Kahr trigger. Either way will work but I feel with the Kahr trigger it will be less likely for me to ever have say "Oops I didn't mean to do that". I like the Glock trigger too, once I got used to it. He will use what works best for him and I'll do the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Before you call someone an idiot.............punctuation, spelling and capitalization go along way towards your credibility..............just sayin...................
    ya, ok, der, cheesehead, hehehehehe, you in the English dept.? anybody standing there looking at an attacker with a weapon in hand and pondering the trigger is an idiot, good or bad grammar. jus shoot the sob!

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Dude's obviously never fired a good, if any, revolver.
    ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Tell that to Jocko. I dare ya.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Speaking of Jocko..... ??????
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling