Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom successfully defends kids in home invasion

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    The lady did a great job of staying relatively calm considering the situation. Most women (and some guys) would have been hysterical in this scenario. She did a super job communicating with the 911 operator. After listening to the call I kept thinking that if I had been the 911 operator and the lady said he was talking and breathing after the shot what would be my response?....Maybe, OK now take a deep breath, focus on the front sight, exhale slowly, squeeze the trigger. Now is he still breathing?
    hilarious
    I am the Living Man

do must armed home owners just have a gun laying around or do they have plans and as a family run scenarios for something like a break in? dad or dad and mom going to the range a couple of times a year is kind of lame. (friend of my wife stops by for coffee and to discuss details of a kayak trip they were going on, the friend comes back to the kitchen from the bathroom and says, "you have a gun next to the toilet paper", wife looks at her and asks, "you don't?" your home is your castle, defend it well.

So is this why we need more laws to take away from the law abiding citizen while the behind door politicians try to pass the next thing on their
    agenda. It is a given right to defend yourself and family but that goes past the home to the streets also. She did good for what she was given at the time. Glad she knew how to use a gun and her family is still good, rather hear this than family shot dead. The gun is a tool as a fire extinguisher when the fire or the attack occurs you have the right tool for the job just know how to use the tool. Times are a changin and we need to understand that. More guns equal less crime FACT
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Wow that was crazy! I'm actually very impressed how she remained so calm. I'm glad she and her children were unharmed. I'm also glad she was able to do what she had to do to defend herself and her family. I hope nobody I know would ever have to go through this but if they did I hope they would be able to do what they have to do to protect themselves, especially a mother.