Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Revolvers: Dan Wesson, Taurus, H&R

Nice pistolas downtowny.

Only colt to take pounding a DW can is the anaconda and it was designed with the help of the same designer Mr. Wesson used with his revolvers.

This Dan was made in 1977 or 78, going by the serial number. I think the whole thing sold for about $400 back then.

I wish some other makers would come out with something like this. I'd love to have a 3" barrel for 686+
    CZ owns the rights to the name now, and they did produce a few 6" Stainless Steel .357's, but they were selling for around 1K, with just the single barrel.
    You can buy other barrels for them, as noted earlier EWKArms sells barrels and other parts, but they are all blued.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I had that same exact setup from about that same period. I sorely kick myself to this day for trading it off.

Boy I've done some incredibly dumb things in my day and sadly I don't think I'm done yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

We're in the same boat of doing stupid things Colonel. I just hope it doesn't say Titanic on the side. I traded my old 65 Mustang, that was pretty rough, for a nice looking 68 Coupe de Ville, and not long after the trade, I noticed that it was loosing power, and it needed a valve job. So I just parked it until I could get the whole motor overhauled. It's a sharp Caddie though. Has Tru Spokes on the front, and Wire baskets on the rear, where you can't see much of them due to the fender skirt.
    I probably should just take that motor out, and put in a newer GMC truck engine. That 472 sure can suck up the gas. I think I would do just fine with one of those GMC 327 truck motors, one of them really moves my buddies P.U. right along. Or possibly a modified 350. Just have to see what I can do with it. I'd rather get my 61 DeVille restored first though. The fins on it are killer, has 2 on top and 2 more down towards the bottom. And no B post. It's a 390, so not sure if the gas mileage would be much better. But it's in a lot rougher shape, interior wise. The body isn't too bad, except for a couple places on the hood I think could be hammered out. I sure do like those 60's and late 50's Caddies.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I'm kicking myself a bit, for selling my last revolver, but it opened new doors with the purchase of my first 1911.................................as long as new chapters occur, with a trade or a sale, what the h@11

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I had that same exact setup from about that same period. I sorely kick myself to this day for trading it off.

Boy I've done some incredibly dumb things in my day and sadly I don't think I'm done yet.
    I traded one of these (in .22lr) for a Colt Government .380 about 30 years ago - am still kickin' myself:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I have this kit for sale!
    here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=469420620#PIC
    It is 100% complete including the Magazine ad, the Original Catalog, the correct belt buckle and the DW Arms patch.
    It has the full lug/ventilated barrels (4)
    The price is lower if NOT sold thru Gunbroker....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Nice DW pistol pack. Still see them at gunshows. Cost it way too much.

for years I've had a Heritage Rough Rider, pot metal .22lr, loaded with 20gr. Aguila Super Colibri, it's hard to beat for a back yard or in the shop plinker. then I got a minor case of snubbie fever and bought a Colt Detective Special wannabe, lookalike from Armscor, the M206. nice shooter and something to carry. I like revolvers, the lack of safeties, the loaded chamber indicators, the weight and feel, the pointability, etc. so I was in my local gun store and saw a revolver that I thought could be the new big brother to my constant companion, Kel-Tec P-32. this revolver, Ruger Single Seven, shoots .32acp and everything in between, up to .327mag. it's snowing so I'm not going to the range today, can't wait to blast some of those .327 mags. anybody carry a 4 5/8" barrel, single action? thanks for this thread and all the revolver pictures.