Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your gun extremely accurate?

Default Is your gun extremely accurate?

A gun is either accurate or it's not. There is no extremely accurate, pretty accurate, somewhat inaccurate, accurate for the most part. It's one or the other. And obviously sometimes the shooter.

"The trigger puller is the weakest link in the accuracy of any gun "
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Gene I disagree. Like extremely pretty wimmen, pretty wimmen, plain ol' wimmenfolk, and butt fugly pony girls, thinks do come in degree, and there is no exception with rifles or pistols.

My 10/22 that I fit the Clark/Ruger barrel to, and squared the bolt face on, is accurate at 5/8 inch at 50 yards. Thats just over 1moa and most .22s don't come close to that. My Kimber (of Oregon) All American Match does under .3 inches, a ragged hard to measure hole, at the same distance with Remington Sub-Sonic 22s. That is an extremely accurate rifle, by any measure.

To me, its ok to have degrees.

My trigger puller is only somewhat accurate. Cannot speak to my of my guns.
    ​O|||||||O

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Gene I disagree. Like extremely pretty wimmen, pretty wimmen, plain ol' wimmenfolk, and butt fugly pony girls, thinks do come in degree, and there is no exception with rifles or pistols.

My 10/22 that I fit the Clark/Ruger barrel to, and squared the bolt face on, is accurate at 5/8 inch at 50 yards. Thats just over 1moa and most .22s don't come close to that. My Kimber (of Oregon) All American Match does under .3 inches, a ragged hard to measure hole, at the same distance with Remington Sub-Sonic 22s. That is an extremely accurate rifle, by any measure.

To me, its ok to have degrees.
    +1
    So much is ergonomics.
    But I've got a Glock with six barrels in three calibers, lengths and finishes.
    The barrels themselves can favor bullet weight and/or manufacturer.
    Two barrels in the same caliber/gun can demonstrate different performance.

I've got six HKs and they are all accurate.
    But I shoot the USPT45 on a whole different level.
    It has a longer sight radius and adjustable sights.
    But that doesn't explain the near 1911 performance of the Tactical.

IMHO Guns are like girls.
    They are all different.

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    "The trigger puller is the weakest link in the accuracy of any gun "
    . . . or has a great effect on the accuracy of any gun. Give me the most accurate gun ever made and the best ammunition, once I start shooting with it I can prove to you that combination won't shoot worth a durn! Amazing how many shooters will tinker with their guns and ammunition looking for accuracy when the existing combination is more accurate than they can shoot.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    . . . or has a great effect on the accuracy of any gun. Give me the most accurate gun ever made and the best ammunition, once I start shooting with it I can prove to you that combination won't shoot worth a durn! Amazing how many shooters will tinker with their guns and ammunition looking for accuracy when the existing combination is more accurate than they can shoot.
    I'm a believer that even average guns in a ransom rest will out shoot most humans with high end guns.
    IMHO - Triggers, sights and grips mean everything when a real person is shooting the gun.

Unless it's a snubbie, or has been dropped, most firearms are much more accurate than the shooter. Accurate
    Attached Images Attached Images

More accurate than I am. Guns can be tweaked for competitive bullseye shooting but there's a cost in terms of reliability and safety: when tolerances get very close, triggers get very light, etc, not to mention the financial cost of customizing which would be a total waste for me. My guns are more than accurate for my ability and purpose, and beyond that factors like reliability, feel, weight, ease of use and capacity become more important.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899