This was my first and only incident that scared me enough to reach for a gun. I was at a traffic light waiting for it to change. There were cars in front of,behind and beside me.I was boxed in. I noticed a large,blonde haired young man walking up to the cars in front of me and trying to open their passenger side doors. All this time he was yelling something about needing a ride to a nearby town.When he approached my vehicle I pulled my .357 out of the center console and held it at the ready. He didn`t know that I was armed. He yanked on the door handle and I told him to go away and leave me alone. He then started to beat on the window. I decided then and there if he broke that window and tried to get in the truck with me I was going to shoot him. Thank God the light changed and we sped off. I drove to a nearby parking lot and called 911. The operator said that they had been swamped with calls about him and that units were on the way. When I hung up I started to shake badly and that`s when I noticed the taste of fear.I later learned that the guy was arrested for disorderly conduct,drug possession and resisting arrest.I hope I don`t ever find myself in a situation like that again.Your world can change in an instant by just being in the wrong place at any given time.Like waitng for the light to change.