Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr T9 - In the beginning...

Default Kahr T9 - In the beginning...

Last night I picked up my "new" Kahr T9 from my FFL that I purchased from budsgunshop.com. It was late and the shop actually stayed open late to get me my gun, so my initial inspection was less than thorough. As I looked it over I noticed a fair amount of grime and grit, what I took to be packing grease. Once I got it home and broke it down, I noticed how dirty it really was in there. After a good cleaning, I also noticed some wear marks on the slide and barrel, as well as on the breech face. Needless to say, I don't feel that this is a "brand new" gun. I am wondering if Buds Gun Shop has a retail store and shooting range or something, or if this is a return. I took pics after the cleaning to show what I am referring to. I would welcome any input regarding these marks, not that I think it will affect the guns performance. The bore looks close to new so I doubt there have been many rounds through it at all. Anyway, this is just the beginning of my journey into KahrLand, I am going shooting on Wednesday so I will be posting performance details after I get back.

Here are some new pics with (hopefully) better lighting and angles.

Last edited by Dreams_of_Steel; 03-02-2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added more pics

Default Kahr T9 - In the beginning...

Clean and lube the hell out of it. It was shot at the factory. I would rack the slide a few dozen times as well. My PM9 was gritty when I got it but it is butter after 300 plus rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a beautiful pistol. I doubt it is a used pistol; I can only tell you they are test fired at Kahr. Check out the link here to FAQ on the Kahr website:
    http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp#q9

Also, you can email Kahr, or call them, and they can give you a manufacture date for your pistol if your give them the serial number.

If those are pics after it was cleaned, I would not be happy at all..................especially the last two pics. I have almost 1000 rds. through my Kahr, and it doesn't look close to that................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If those are pics after it was cleaned, I would not be happy at all..................especially the last two pics. I have almost 1000 rds. through my Kahr, and it doesn't look close to that................
    ^^^ What he said.

I would send those pictures to Kahr. Ask them if those marks are normal for a new pistol.

I would also contact Bud's and see what they say about it.

The end of the barrel and feed ramp shouldn't look like that(beat up)before even being shot by the owner...........................the end of the frame shouldn't look like that either. If it was a used gun, so be it, but in this case, that's ridiculous. Kudos to all of you who continue to say "just shoot it like to stole it", and 'It won't affect the operation." No excuse at all............................................... ......I'd be pissed................and yes, Bud's does have a shooting range........I don't know if it's connected to the main store or not.

I really can't tell from the photos. I like my pistols to be pretty much pristine. The light is difficult for me to tell what is going on, if anything, on the barrel. Is that sort of burnishing on the end of the frame? Are there little dings? If so, that shouldn't be. I have had some issues with shipping at times, but I don't see how that could be from shipping.

Those are beautiful pistols though! I also don't see what the smear is on the slide in the first pic. It almost looks like it is brass colored. Does it clean off?

I emailed these pics to Kahr this morning, hopefully I will hear something back soon. The more I look at the gun the more annoyed I get. If it wasn't the "top of the line" I wouldn't care quite as much, but with a piece this pricey I really feel like it should be as close to flawless as it can be. If anyone has further input on the wear marks I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Seeing some of the new pics, in some places, it won't have any effect, because the slide doesn't ride on those places. Just some awful machining. The feed ramp and end of barrel, the bottom part of the slide in front, and the discolored part and dings in the front part of the frame are ridiculous. IMPO, if it was only supposedly test fired, you my friend have a used and battered firearm, that was handled in rough an irresponsible manor.

Either you put up new photos, or being on this better computer really helps me see what is going on. I would be irritated by much of that. The finish inside the frame is atrocious. The dings and burnishes on the outside of the frame are irritating too. That doesn't look like the way it would have been shipped from the factory.