Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr T9 - In the beginning...

Looking forward to hearing what Kahr says.

Since I had not heard anything as of this morning, I called Kahr Customer Service and was told that the dings and scratches were most likely "part of the manufacturing process" and the scratches under the slide were from test firing. I remain unconvinced. I ended up having to work today (I was planning on doing some test firing of my own) so now it will have to wait until Sunday. I am excited to put some rounds down range, this is going to be my daily CC piece so the cosmetics of it are really a moot point. The parts that concern me are the feed ramp and slide near the near the extractor. I will post updates once I put some lead down range.

I am slowly rethinking my position on Kahr's customer service. Sorry, but for a supposed new firearm, it looks like s#!t. I think me feels some hot air getting blown you know where............some of the things in the pics, just couldn't be to that degree, with a test fire only.

I wonder if anyone from Kahr reads these posts or frequents these forums. If I had a company with forums dedicated to my products, I know I would be. I am awaiting a response from Bud's as well, in hopes that they may help me out. I noticed when the package shipped from them, it was not from their normal Kentucky address but one from Minnesota. I wonder if this was sitting in some other shop and Bud's had to get it from somewhere other than their normal warehouse. Maybe they have multiple storage places around the country. *shrug* I hope that the gun runs flawlessly but if I have any trouble with it I will be sending it back to Kahr. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_of_Steel View Post
    Since I had not heard anything as of this morning, I called Kahr Customer Service and was told that the dings and scratches were most likely "part of the manufacturing process" and the scratches under the slide were from test firing. ...
    Did they tell you this after looking at the photos you sent them? In any event, I hope to hear a very positive range report from you.

I've come to expect interior surfaces of a slide and frame to show tool and wear marks. The exterior of the pistol looks pristine with the exception of the underside of the slide at the muzzle but that could also be from wear. I would shoot it and see how it functions, you might come to think of it as a "keeper". In any event, you are under warranty so you can return it to Kahr for refinishing if needed. BTW, some negative comments are to be expected.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

I get that, in order to buy polymer Kahrs for under $300 retail, we end users should expect a few interior imperfections...as long as they don't hinder performance. But the SS Kahrs hold a place dear to my heart. And if yours is typical of recent production, Kahr needs to step up their game...in order to keep the stainless models special. JMHO.
    ​O|||||||O

I fully agree b4. I purchased this pistol specifically because it is their "flagship" model, supposed to be the top of the line. The finish quality and attention to detail is just not what I expected. My $199.00 Black Friday special Tisas 1911 has as-good-as build quality and machine work. Granted, it's black parkerized finish has already seen some wear but that's because I beat the crap out of it. If it was a Wilson Combat or a Nighthawk I would be more careful. This Kahr T9 is going to be my daily CC tool and I fully expect it to acquire some "character" over time, but I much prefer to put the scratches and dings there myself.

Well I don't like to hear this. I put a T9 on layaway at Buds in December and I've been anxiously waiting to get it. I paid it off last week and it's supposed to deliver to my FFL Monday. I hope I don't see issues like this. My K9 is my primary CCW and I've been looking for a T9 for a while. Mine shipped from Lexington, KY.

I had bought a firearm from buds but it wasn't right and I didn't accept it.
    FFl sent it back and they sent another no charge.
    Read buds rules on their website.