Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kahr T9 - In the beginning...

Good luck to you Photoman. I would not be concerned. I bought a "blemished" K9 from Bud's last December, and it was (still is) great. Let us know how you like it.

I've been dealing with Bud's for 20 years - first in their Paris location and now in Lexington. They do have multiple ship from locations, I also think they sometimes ship from distributors. In both locations their range was attached to the retail store. Based on my interface with their personnel, I would say they are straight players and would not sell a used weapon as a new one. Could there be a mistake in the back area of the store, ???. Did the unit packaging look new - was the box clean, was the paperwork sealed in the little plastic envelope, ...

Kahr quality ? The interior of the slide and frame on my P380 purchased in 2013 were very rough compared to my PM9 purchased in 2006. I will be picking up a PM45 tomorrow. I'm now curious to see what the interior looks like. In my conversations with Kahr, maybe only two or three times, I would say, they put function first, exterior looks second and interior condition not relevant. I must also say, I cleaned up the P380, followed the forum break in and it has ran without any issues.

I bought a used Beretta 87 from Bud's a couple of years ago that might as well have been new so I had no reservations about buying the T9 from them. I'll just have to see how it looks on Monday. I'm not really concerned with the finish on the interior. My CZs are pretty rough on the inside but they look great on the outside and they're great shooters.

My T9 is back at the factory right now, and I am confident they will be able to fix the issues with it. To agree with a previous poster, I wish now that I had not accepted the transfer, hindsight being 20/20 and all. Now, it is what it is. If the pros at Kahr can fix the functional issue mine had and help out the finish a bit, I'll be happy. I'm thinking about going against my original intention and getting a P9 for carry and keeping the T9 for a range only gun. I think you made an excellent purchase and I can't wait to see the pics!

^^^ refreshing attitude there DoS. I wish you the best and agree a P9 will make you a terrific carry piece. And I 2nd your comment about photoman's pics. He ain't photoman for nuttin'.
    ​O|||||||O

J.D.,

Those (aluminum are they?) CZ mag base plates are hot. Where do you get them?
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    J.D.,

Those (aluminum are they?) CZ mag base plates are hot. Where do you get them?
    I bought the P-01 used after the previous owner sent it to Cajun Gun Works for a Pro Package. I'm not sure where its base plates came from but I think they are aluminum.

The base plates on the full-size stainless are made by Patterson Precision Design and those are stainless steel. They are a little pricy but worth it to me due to the high quality and how good they make the gun look

Sorry to derail the thread. I will post photos of the T9 after I get it.

Love that CZ.

I picked up my T9 tonight. I haven't gotten to examine it in depth but I field stripped it and did not see the issues shown in the OP's photos aside from some light vertical lines on the breech face. There was nothing that screamed to me of an issue though. I will examine it in better light tomorrow and try to get some photos. Hopefully I can shoot it before I leave the country for a few weeks.

I will point out a + and a - I've noticed so far:
    + It's easier to field strip than my NYPD K9.
    - I'm not too impressed with the fit of the grips. I think I will be wishing Hogue made rubber grips for the T9.

Look forward to your range report.