Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new 22 and some other babble

Default My new 22 and some other babble

I finally got a 22 pistol at the gun show today. It's a Phoenix Arms hp22. I took it to the range and after I figured out how to use it with the 500 safety features I shot about 375 rounds without any problems at all. I almost turned some punks into grease spots though because you get an hour at the range and they were sitting in some chairs towards the back probably waiting for my lane and they started tossing bullet casings at me. Seriously. Who does that? Anyway what do you folks think of the 22? I paid about 200 out the door. I also shot my Bersa today and it's still a piece of crap jamming on the last round in the mag. I wish I could figure this out. I don't shoot my kahr or glock too much cause I know damn well they they work 100% so I'm saving my rounds for camping.

You paid $200 for a Phoenix?

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

You can't beat a nice 22 for fun at the range. The first gun I ever bought, 47 years ago, was a terrific Colt Woodsman. It's had thousands of rounds passed through that beautiful barrel. I used it and a kid friendly Beretta Neos to teach my two boys to shoot.

I've had a bunch of .22s over the years. Others I've really enjoyed are the Browning Buckmark, Beretta 70s, Walther PP and TPH, Daewoo DP52, a FEG SMC and a remarkably competent GSG 1911-22.

A few that were problematic were the Sig Mosquito, Walther P22 and a couple of Bersas.

I grew up with a Ithaca M49 single shot lever action rifle and taught my kids on a "old-reliable" Marlin model 60. Along the way I've gobbled up some of the newer tacticool .22s out today. Perhaps my favorite is the HK 416. It is 100% fun.

Can't beat a nice .22 for cheap family fun.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I’ll go along with the GSG 1911-22, I have the Sig Sauer but still the gun put the ZRTS barrel cone on it and made a full length guide rod for it on my lathe. This little gun still amazes me how accurate is. Lots of fun just need to keep finding 22's to feed it
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

I had a Phoenix HP-22. Mid-late 70's production purchased new. It was actually a pretty good, handy and reliable tackle box plinker....what I bought it for. Probably shouldn't have sold it off.
    NRA Benefactor

You just look for firearm trouble, don't you???????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    +1..
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    It works well. I'm tempted to chuck that bersa in a lake though.

I think they're just teasing you a bit there GH. Phoenix Arms doesn't have much of a reputation for reliability. Kinda a match made in heaven IMHO.

Best.
    ​O|||||||O

My Winchester 67A has always been 100% reliable...

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling