Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new 380 and holster

Default My new 380 and holster

So my Bersa went bye bye. I got rid of it and bought a new taurus tcp 380 and a nice desantis holster. I put a bunch of rounds through it. I had a slight problem of the slide locking back with one round left in the mag. Quickly fixed by hitting the slide release. The slide release contacts the follower when there is a round in the mag. Sportsmans warehouse was nice enough to switch the mag out for me and still the same thing. Other than that it works well. I really liked my bersa but it wasn't working right.

Another interesting post......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Let it begin again................next problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Let it begin again................next problem?
    I really don't appreciate your being rude to me. Not very helpful at all. Prick

Gene, you seem to be walking under a black cloud all the time. Ever wonder why? (Prick?????)

Maybe you should carry a knife, they seldom fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Gene, you seem to be walking under a black cloud all the time. Ever wonder why? (Prick?????)

Maybe you should carry a knife, they seldom fail.
    I think my response was appropriate for your rude demeanor toward me. So are you saying that my purchasing of defective products is directly related to my negative attitude? And I do carry a knife. I used to work for Spyderco. But you can't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Gene will learn soon enough that you generally get what you pay for in a gun. He is not the first one to learn the lesson the hard way. Lets keep it civil.

I was wondering why you picked the Taurus over a wide selection of 380's. I've got a Kahr but continue looking at the others seeing some I like and most I don't over the Kahr. The Bersa is one of those I like because I've heard it's a dependable weapon although a little on the heavy side.
    cm9 and lovin it.

You might want to try Taurus forum and ask. Probably a slide lock tab could use a little tuning like a slight bend upward or a few licks from a file or any bur it may have or send trip home . The two in our family are C series and run great and have about a 1/16" of clearance between the slide lock arm and follower

You have to admit a dark cloud does follow you around dribbling on you and your new handguns . hehehe

So much of dealing with some problems and hand gun is common sense issues . Put an empty 380 brass in that mag and rack it back and lock the slide so you see better see what to fix if that's the problem !! Not a hard fix , just bend the tab up is what I found when I googled the problem !

With all of the money you have spent so far, and all of the hassle, you could have already purchased a dependable firearm and saved yourself a lot of troubles. Taurus, Bersa, Highpoint, and every other cheap firearm that is made, doesn't make it into my home. How many times do you have to hit yourself in the head with a hammer, before you figure out that it doesn't feel good????????????????????????