Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Interchangable Magazines (CZ-97 & Baby Desert Eagle .45) ??

Default Interchangable Magazines (CZ-97 & Baby Desert Eagle .45) ??

Has anyone heard or tried the same magazine in both a CZ-97B, (old model), and a Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle .45 ACP? I ask because I was going to order some for my CZ-97 from Greg Cote when I read the ad for them.

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/inde...oducts_id=1093

According to it they are, but not all models. Before I call him and enquire I thought I would post here and see if anyone has both guns and uses the same mag in both. Thanks in advance.

If it will help clarify, these are the 2 pistols I'm talking about. I thought I would ask if anyone has done this before blindly trying, or worse, firing either gun with the others magazine for fear of damaging anything. It doesn't take much to bend feed lips, etc., that would cause problems. Even if they fit, it is no guarantee they would function correctly, and the violent action of the slides could damage the magazines. I'm looking for someone with experience who has done this with success in both weapons.

Wish I could help - like you I am seeing some internet folks saying they are swappable - but no known reliable source. Good luck on getting an answer.

I E-Mailed Greg Cote the other day, and he promptly E-Mailed me back. He said while he personally has never tried it, he knows of many of his customers over the years who have. All have told him they have never had a single issue. His input was good enough for me. Greg is a stand up guy who sells a lot of magazines. I tried swapping out the magazines in both of my pistols, and both seated fine, and there was zero issues in racking the slide. The base plates are even identical. I went out back and racked a magazine full of ammunition through each gun by hand. So now I'm confident enough to go to the range and have it with both pistols. I'll report back on the results I obtain. Thanks for the reply.

Good news and thanks for finding out.

No problem. Hope it helps you out. This saved me a lot in extra magazines.

Well, I went to the range yesterday and fired around 100 rounds through each pistol, with a variety of Magnum Research Magazines in both pistols. I also tried the one and only CZ magazine I have for my CZ-97B, in the Baby Desert Eagle. All ran well with zero FTF or FTE problems. In fact while I was doing all of this, I lost track of the CZ magazine, and I had to look to find out which one it was. These magazines all look, fit, and function identically. So...... In conclusion it is a safe statement to make, that magazines for both the CZ-97B and Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle pistol in .45 ACP, are ALL interchangeable. I hope this helps out anyone like myself who owns both of these pistols. I know it did me, as I was ready to purchase several CZ-97B extra magazines. I saved a lot of money knowing I can simply switch them out. I have several Desert Eagle magazines for my Baby Eagle .45. Now I know for certain I can interchange them.