Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT 380 owners.....Do you pocket carry or holster it?

Default CT 380 owners.....Do you pocket carry or holster it?

New to the forum and to Kahr. I have a ct 380 on order. I was wondering how, you that already have this gun, how you carry it.
    I have had the TCP, and I did pocket carry. But I ordered the ct380 because is was a bigger gun. I have not held one in my hand.
    Does anyone holster this gun, IWB, OBW?

I pocket carry mine in this Remora holster, but only when wearing pants or a jacket with a large enough pocket. The CT380 grip is noticeably longer than my LCP, so I have to be careful to not let the butt show. When I lose enough weight over the next 6 months I'll probably go with an IWB holster. Mine is a great little pistol and shoots Remington fmj & Hornady CD ammo without a problem. However, it would not fire any WWB at all - wouldn't even make a dimple on the primer. Dunno if that was a bad box or what. I think these are nice size carry guns - hardly know it's there, and it is a 7+1.

Here it is with my LCP, Colt Government .380, and old Remington Model 51 .380:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

BTW Higgy - I ordered two extra factory mags from this dealer:

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/ma...nls-94643.html

Lots cheaper than direct from the Kahr Store.
    -Rudyard Kipling

It seems to be a perfect candidate for IWB as thin as it is....
    ​O|||||||O

Yes, my original intent was to pocket carry. But though it may fit well in some IWB.
    And thanks for the heads up on the mags Armybrat.....I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    It seems to be a perfect candidate for IWB as thin as it is....
    Yes, it is a little bit thinner than my LCP.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I pocket carried mine in a Galco holster made for the LCP and other small 380s. It fits perfectly in this holster. It has been in my coat pocket most of the winter. I usually had my Kel-Tec P32 in my pants pocket while carrying the CT380 this way. I have also carried mine owb in a Tagua generic belt slide size small.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I pocket carry mine in this Remora holster, but only when wearing pants or a jacket with a large enough pocket. The CT380 grip is noticeably longer than my LCP, so I have to be careful to not let the butt show. When I lose enough weight over the next 6 months I'll probably go with an IWB holster. Mine is a great little pistol and shoots Remington fmj & Hornady CD ammo without a problem. However, it would not fire any WWB at all - wouldn't even make a dimple on the primer. Dunno if that was a bad box or what. I think these are nice size carry guns - hardly know it's there, and it is a 7+1.

Here it is with my LCP, Colt Government .380, and old Remington Model 51 .380:

If you wore a belt your butt wouldn't show. What do you do for a living, plumbing?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    If you wore a belt your butt wouldn't show. What do you do for a living, plumbing?
    Hey, I've been retired 18 years, and my oldfart uniform consists of drawstring shorts & a T-shirt 90% of the time, and sweatpants the other 10%.

besides, my butt crack will draw attention away from my Kahr if it is printing.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Don't have the CT380 but hope you won't mind my commenting based on my experience pocket carrying the PM9 and comparing dimensions to the CT380...

I think pocket-ability for you might depend more on your size as opposed to the CT380 specs. I'm 5'10" and comfortably pocket carry my PM9 in all but a very few pants that I regularly wear. The CT380 would be more difficult for me to pocket than my PM9 because of my size and the CT380 being .4" more in grip height than the PM9. I'm thinking though that if you're a bigger guy (maybe 6'+ ?) your pants would have larger pockets than mine and with the right holster the CT380 becomes viable for pocket carry.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson