Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Un-Preparedness in the house!

On a similar note, yesterday morning about 5:30 am the new folks across the street heard someone trying to jimmy the back door to their house.
    They have a 7 month old boy and thanks to him they were up and heard it right away. She yelled but they continued to attempt entry. She yelled a second time and turned on some lights and they left.

4 or 5 deputies that we saw showed up and they did a K9 track but didn't find them. Heard today that someone said there were two of them.

We've had very little crime of any kind in our neighborhood for over 20 years. Kind of out in the country on mostly acre or larger lots.
    The scary part of this deal was them not bailing the minute she yelled the first time. Seems they were intent on getting in.
    Also 5:30 am is a bit late in the night to be doing this in my book.

I haven't even met the people yet but will soon.

I carry most of the time, even more now and a couple always near by and perhaps a little nearer now too.

Old Lincoln, maybe you could get one of them picture frame deals to hang right by the door, easy access.

I wouldn't care the least what any visitors think, not one bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

.45 in my pocket or under the pillow.

To paraphrase Jocko: Shoot the fokkers like they stole from you!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
    I carry anytime I'm awake. When asleep I can reach easily it.

No reason not to, and a million to carry.
    thank you! a Kel-Tec P-32 in the shirt pocket (11oz. loaded with 11 rounds of 73gr. .32acp) is a much better weapon than that .50 cal., pearlhandled bazooka in the sock drawer.
    (revolver next to the bed. 3am, I don't want to be jerking around with safeties or wondering if a round is chambered. wife prefers the revolver to, shoots skeet with her double barrel, doesn't like a pump. girls? go figure. )

I have two entries to my home. Almost always I keep a 642 J frame or the P380 in a pocket while lounging near the primary door. Near the second entry I keep the "house gun" a J frame sized, three inch barreled Rossi and a decent tactical flashlight...

Just in case of something going bump in the night.

A buddy of mine (former competive power lifter) who could bare knuckled smash most "bumpers" into their next life, keeps am interesting kit with him. It is a fanny pack, with a model 36 J frame, speed loader, two tactical flashlights and a pocket for his cell phone. Easy to carry and stash near him while watching TV. Extremely easy to put on if jumping (buck naked) out of bed at 2am...

I use to laugh about his "Bat-Belt" and he used to tell me to "laugh now, but one day soon you'll be old enough to understand it". Ahhhh the words of the prophet...
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I keep firearms strategically placed in the house, and the wife also knows where they are. I don't carry around the house, but when there's a knock on the door, I have one on hand. The rest stay locked up. I try to place them, so if someone did break in when I am not home, they won't find them, but yet, I can get to them quickly.

I have guns hidden along the path from my front door to my armory. I don't like to have one on me unless I'm working outside. It's tough to go anywhere in my house and be more than a 4 or 5 steps from a gun. I suppose if I ever have grandchildren that I'll have to rethink that, but it works great for now.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I carry almost 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    I have guns hidden along the path from my front door to my armory. I don't like to have one on me unless I'm working outside. It's tough to go anywhere in my house and be more than a 4 or 5 steps from a gun. I suppose if I ever have grandchildren that I'll have to rethink that, but it works great for now.
    That's where I am at. Young'ens stopping by and I need not worry about them finding my stash.
    ​O|||||||O

I'm never without my P380. It goes where I go or I ain't goin'. When someone knocks on my door after dark the first thing I do is light them up with my flood lights. One A-hole claimed he had car trouble and wanted to use my phone. I told him that I'd call 911 for him and see if the cops couldn't help. When I looked out the peep hole all that I saw was a vapor trial in my driveway.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

We've had similar scams...guys claiming to be from the cable company, etc.
    ​O|||||||O