Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought a new AO M1 Carbine

Default Just bought a new AO M1 Carbine

Wow, I'm shocked and proud with myself
    I've been preening over the M1 Carbines for a long time.....all weekend I've been back and forth going over the pros & cons and pretty much over thinking the whole situation....(you know what I'm talking about)
    I finally just pulled the trigger and bought myself one.
    The rifle is from Bud's Gun's NIB, walnut with one 15r mag. I purchased two additional 15r mags and a GI sling/oilier to go with it. Its going to be a fun retro shooter

pics to come
    -The Destroyer Approaches
    eyes to the south

Actually, if critters are a problem then it will do well on them out to about 125 yds. Winchester makes SXT's in that caliber, and would make a dandy in the house rifle, plus those are just plain fun to shoot.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

No doubt j.....these carbines could have lots of uses, but mostly its for fun.....and to see that "Oh S**T!" look on my pop's face when he comes up from FL this summer
    eyes to the south

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    No doubt j.....these carbines could have lots of uses, but mostly its for fun.....and to see that "Oh S**T!" look on my pop's face when he comes up from FL this summer
    Have someone standing by with a camera. I bet there will be a huge "Oh S**t Look".
    Your gonna have a blast with that thing. Imagine the look on pop's face if you showed him yours and then handed him his own? Had to put that just in case my kids ever read this stuff.
    I have an original one that I cherish, I know I can shoot it carefully without kicking history in the teeth but been thinking on one of the AO ones so I don't have to worry so much. Funny I just saw this thread and I was holding mine about a half hour ago moving some stuff around. Sweet rifles.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

They are really fun guns. I sold one years back but kept the ammo knowing i would have one again. Got an AO Paratrooper now and have not had a chance to shoot it. I bought ten Korean 30 rounders for $9.95 each. Should be a nice package for my son when he is old enough.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

I bought a couple of the 15r Korean mags from CTD(I should get a few more at price they are at....)

On that note, any good source for .30carbine ammo? What do these AOs like to eat?
    eyes to the south

More magazines are ALWAYS a good idea. I haven't played with the AO's yet, but if they are like the originals, then anything SAAMI spec should be fine. Most all of the ammo for them is ball anyway. Winchester is the only HP I know of. I would check CTD for the feeding requirements.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Default I used

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Have someone standing by with a camera. I bet there will be a huge "Oh S**t Look".
    Your gonna have a blast with that thing. Imagine the look on pop's face if you showed him yours and then handed him his own? Had to put that just in case my kids ever read this stuff.
    I have an original one that I cherish, I know I can shoot it carefully without kicking history in the teeth but been thinking on one of the AO ones so I don't have to worry so much. Funny I just saw this thread and I was holding mine about a half hour ago moving some stuff around. Sweet rifles.
    to have a new rock ola M! that I got throught he NRA DCM program back 40+ years ago. I still remember the cost was $20 and they guarantee you nothing except an original, might be very used to new. Darn If I did not get abrand new on still packed in cosmo even. Kept if for about 10 years and then sold it for reasons I knownot why. backthen they were very plentiful but only one per NRA member if I remember..

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    More magazines are ALWAYS a good idea. I haven't played with the AO's yet, but if they are like the originals, then anything SAAMI spec should be fine. Most all of the ammo for them is ball anyway. Winchester is the only HP I know of. I would check CTD for the feeding requirements.
    CTD is out of any .30carbine , but there is plenty around, Cabelas has the Herter's @ $149/500
    Cabela's -- Herter's .30 Carbine Ammunition with Dry Box

I'll post a range report as soon as I can shoot it.
    eyes to the south

You might also try Sportsman's Guide Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at The Sportsman's Guide I think I remember seeing some there today. But in any event, like you said it shouldn't be too hard to find some.