Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr T9 - 300 rounds later... and the issue that started from the first empty mag

Sorry to hear of your problems, but glad they found the problem. As the proud owner of a T9, you will love the way it shoots. I cleaned and polished my mags inside and out. Bought a used K9 that had this done and it makes a huge difference. Easy to do, just buffed them on a buffing wheel lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Far be it from me to cast aspersions, but could you possibly be allowing the pistol to free recoil too, much? It sounds as though the slide isn't going back far enough for the slide stop to capture it. Firm up those wrists and try again. Weak magazine springs could be the cause of the problem. Check to see if the mag springs were installed properly. Also, check to see if the followers slide freely and that the magazines are clean inside. (That should keep him busy for awhile.)
    along with whatu staed muggsy, I would suggest shooting defence sammo to see if that takes care of the issue. Kahrs are tight as a virgin's whatcha macolit. and need round sthrough them to get that recoil spring broken it. At least before sending it in try to soot it with defence ammo whih is hotter than fmj range fodder and see if that works. There is normally a reason why fmj amo is lower in price,and not that it inferior or poor quality but there is just less ump behind that round. Never hurt sto try this first, I never read that u tried this either, so if u did, then my point is a mute point.

I would advise visiiting the forum agenda and vind PROPPER PREPPING OF UR NEW KAHR. Some dandy tips in there for one to do before firing that first round. S\Often times alittle pre prepp of ur gun pays big dividends. I kow we all expect themto be fprect out of the box but we also know that is not always the way it works eiter I would think 300 rounds should be suffice for good break in also.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_of_Steel View Post
    It is possible that I was limp wristing, but I own half a dozen semi-autos in 9mm, .40SW and .45ACP and fire them all one and two handed. None of the others have this problem. With the weight of the T9 plus the low recoil due to design, I doubt it is the cause. I cleaned and sprayed the mags with Rem Oil before first use, and verified that the followers moved freely, but I have not checked the mag spring installation yet. If I can avoid sending it in for repair I would like to... but I'm hoping that if I do have to send it in they can address the frame finish issues as well.
    You shouldn't lube the magazines. The magazines should be kept clean and dry. Lubing the mags will allow fouling to build up and you could experience feeding problems.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I forgot to ask Casey if he replaced the mag followers, since the ones that came with the gun ended up with grooves cut into them from the misalignment of the frame and slide. Maybe they just put new mags into the box... one can hope anyway. I will not be repeating the mistake of lubing the mags, although I'm confident that it did not contribute to my original issue. I am going to pick up the replacement in a couple hours, and I am so friggin' happy that I can't even sit still. Tomorrow is my day off so I'm going to complete the break-in, as well as put some rounds through the DPMS Oracle I am picking up at the same time. $500 for a new AR! I couldn't believe it at first but I'm glad I've held off on getting one until now, for that price I couldn't resist.

Went to pick up the T9 after work, paid the second BGC/FFL fees, and then found out that Kahr did not put a copy of the FFL info in the box. Hoping the guy who worked on my gun will get it sent over first thing in the morning. Gotta say, I'm a bit frustrated at this point. One hopes that this is not standard practice for a firearms manufacturer and that this particular gun is cursed. I'm honestly tempted to just sell the dam thing and get a K9.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_of_Steel View Post
    ... and then found out that Kahr did not put a copy of the FFL info in the box.
    Did your dealer not get a copy in the first T9 transfer? That should suffice.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

The original transfer came from Bud's Gun Shop, not Kahr Arms. My state needs a copy with every transfer as well.

I see, my mistake. A quick phone call for a faxed copy then. Waiting is torture.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.