Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: no licence to conceal carry? thoughts/opinions welcome

Do you feel safe now?
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

A hellofa lot safer than the other way.
    cm9 and lovin it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsailer View Post
    A hellofa lot safer than the other way.
    There is that. Riding a motorcycle underscores that pretty quickly.

Off into pariah land I be goin' now....

Back in the day, like when we all usta take our .22's to school, store them in our lockers, and then go out shooting in the woods and fields I would have thought a license to carry with a training prerequisite rather bizarre. T'wer any license to be required at all.

I could write couple of chronological paragraphs wrt "over the years" but will just skip to today.

I'm now against constitutional carry, at least in most areas. Concealed carry should licensed. And issue of a permit should be contingent upon some demonstration of understanding of and competence with a firearm. Our world has changed, there are too many freaks, and too many "duh" incompetents out there now.

The DL requirement comparison is a good one.
    NRA Benefactor

ltxi,
    I went to the CCW class and passed. the video presentation from a lawyer was good, gave some ballpark numbers on what it costs to shoot somebody and an idea of the jail time, if you do it wrong.
    then we went to the range and shot .22's. looking around that room at some of the goat ropers, doorknobs, women with 2"nails that were going to get their permit to, I was scared. they were all going to end up at Cabela's buying a .380 and a box of ammo--yikes! if Mo. required a CCW holder to shoot a decent score on an IDPA course, take a gun handling and safety class, I'd be for that. I'd also be for a nationwide, systematic search and seizure of illegal guns. start on the S. side of Chgo., continue thru the N. side of STL and keep going to the back woods trailer parks of Arkansas. sure would be a pile of guns, huh? do I want to be the only one with a gun and everybody else can carry a soup spoon-- oh heck yeah!

We can, and I do, carry concealed without a permit in Arizona. I have zero issues with that policy.
    I'm a lead farmer mother ******!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I long for a day when common sense returns and folks will know that they need training and will seek it and those that don't need it cause they have fully functioning brains and were brought up properly by parents with fully functioning brains don't have too.
    My only issue with training is the puffed up resumes and dominant alpha male attitudes of most instructors that probably got certificates online from an equally questionable resume puffed up dominatn alpha male.
    You nailed it. Well said.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    You nailed it. Well said.
    Yes he did nail it and I also wished we could go back to that time............Ain't gonna happen. That has as much a chance to happen as Hopalong Cassidy shooting a Good Guy.
    cm9 and lovin it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    There is that. Riding a motorcycle underscores that pretty quickly.
    I rode from the seventies to the Cell Phone invention. Although it wasn't dangerous enough, it really became too damn dangerous then.
    cm9 and lovin it.

Default No Problemo

Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    We can, and I do, carry concealed without a permit in Arizona. I have zero issues with that policy.
    +1 sort of - LOL!
    I live in Arizona now too.
    But all I had to do is inform Florida of my new AZ address.
    And poof, my Florida resident permit becomes a Florida non resident permit.
    Only a couple of the ~35 states that honor Florida reciprocity demand you are a resident.
    Including Arizona.

Life is good...