Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another MK9 wood grips post...

Default Yet another MK9 wood grips post...

OK, I've been to Kahr and here and cannot tell if this beast exists...wood grips for an MK9 w/ a S/N GAXXXX.

Can anyone shed light on this forf me?

I think they do exist. I do know that Kahr says the MK9 wood grips do not fit the newer Elite I think they call it the 03. I made a set on my early MK9 and sent them to quickduc to try on his Elite. The did fit but the upper and lower screws had to be different lengths so to an apparent frame change.
    He said they fit perfectly otherwise and felt good to his hands.
    Hope this helps a little bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If it helps, I have factory wood grips on my MK9 Elite 98.

SN GB0xxx.

Well, what troubles me is the very clear designation on the wood grips offered on the Kahr site that says...
    Checkered, Exotic Hardwood PAU FERRO/ Set MK9, 9mm pistols, which begin with the prefix "GAXXXX" cannot accept the MK-Series wood grips.

Leads me to believe none exist...yuk!

So you have the newer version MK9. Those don't exist yet. I gotta believe they will someday. Seems Kahr is backlogged with orders and is expecting orders from Hogue I believe. Seems like they would be making some wood grips for the newer models when / if they ever get caught up.
    I'd like to get my hands on a newer version so I could make some for ya. Wish I could just get a frame for all the steel models so I could go at the sawdust.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi Bawanna!!!

Here is my wood grip/screw thread:

http://kahrtalk.com/mk-series-pistol...ood-grips.html

Here is a picture of my TT Gunleather holster/mag combo for the MK.

http://kahrtalk.com/mk-series-pistol...ons-mk9-2.html

The grips are great. If you can't find a set, maybe have Bawanna45cal make you a set.

I had to slightly enlarge the back of the grips at the screw holes as the '03 MK9 Elite frame screw bosses (wings?) are more squared off than the earlier "rounded" versions. I did also have to shorten the 1911 screws slightly (about 1.5mm) so they wouldn't protrude into the mag well.

BTW, the thing eats anything and shoots great, especially with the enhanced control of these grips.

Thanks quickduc, a pictures worth more than even a 1000 of my little words. Those look darn pretty on there, granted I'm a bit biased but pretty is pretty. And functional to boot. Gotta love it.
    Thanks for the links, should help some of the new MK9 owners sort things out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Taking a closer look at the factory grips on that MK9 Elite it looks like they would be much easier to fit on the inside than the old version.
    If anyone at Kahr is listening please send me a 03 MK9 Elite frame, need the slide stop lever trigger bars and internals and the mag release button. I'll whittle out a few of these and offer them up as good karma.
    We'll work on getting the other frames later.

Thank you.

PS- ryoung, your Sig handles are still on the drawing board. Not forgotten but still in the research and development stages.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Bawanna,

I can send you my factory '03 grips to use as templates if you desire. At least you can compare the old with the new.

Let me know.

Its hard to make a grip using a grip for a pattern. I just made a set of Colt Pony grips for rpollard using just his grips and I told myself all thru the process, never again. Nothing to test fit, or hold to check for clearances. He hasn't put them on yet, says they are close but as I predicted they will need a bit of fitting but should work I hope.
    It's just not the same as being able to put them on and see what needs to be tweeked.

I do appreciate the offer and may take you up on it one day but for now I'll try to stick to guns for fitting.

Now if you want to send the whole gun up for awhile, we can talk about that!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan