Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new to me MK9 w/Pics!

I'm not certain if it's a difference between the standard MK9 and the MK9 Elite or just the newest model compared to older models. Kahr did state that their wood grips did not fit the Elite. May have changed since then I haven't looked lately.
    I made a set for quickduc using my standard MK9 and they fit his Elite but the screws had to be different lengths. The frame is different. If I had the gun I could make the grips so the screws would all be the same but didn't have one around.
    Other than that they looked like they fit perfectly, he liked the feel of them and checkering improved his grip. Course he could have just said that to make me feel good which of course I did. Quickduc, if your lurking out there, jump in here and tell us a story.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey Bawanna! I am still lurking (busy with work and the like).

I like your grips because they give me better control of the MK9...and they look really cool...and I really mean that or I wouldn't say it.

Here are a couple shots in my new custom TT Gunleather holster. It can be worn either OWB or IWB.

I bought stainless grip screws (standard length) for a 1911 as they are the same thread size and pitch. I had to shorten them by about 1.25mm so they would clear the mag well. I think the Elite and standard are the same. The difference is between the '98 and '03 generations as they changed the interior of the frame a bit around the screw bosses...or it is just random manufacturing differences.

Nice setup. Not bad wood for a shade tree fly by night wood butcher. Thanks for the reminder on the 1911 screws too. Thats good stuff to remember for those with the ability to remember.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by GOOFA View Post
    Received my new grips today and they do not fit. I imagine the same problem. I haven't been able to fix yet.
    It's an easy fix but of course we shouldn't have to do it.
    I scored the wood about a 1/16th above where the screw tab sits. I then slowly removed wood with a small chisel just with hand pressure. Took about five minutes to complete the mod on both sides.

Beautiful weapon. I told the wife that if I ever bought another Kahr, it would be an MK9 instead of a PM9. I keep trying, but the darn PM9 just won't wear out

Regards,
    PolyKahr

OH MY!!! that thing is gorgeous........am droooooling........
    how much heavier is it than the PM9?
    Don't go ninjin' nobody who don't need ninjin'!

Pine Mountain, Ga. will always be HOME.

CZ 2075 Rami 9
    CZ PCR D (2)
    S&W Shield 9mm (2)
    Kahr CM9
    Mossberg 930 SPX
    Remington 597
    PSA/Spikes AR-15

PM9:
    Pistol with magazine is +/- 17 ounces, 20 ounces loaded

MK9:
    Pistol with magazine is 24 ounces, 27 ounces loaded.

The ammo is therefore about 3 ounces with the flush magazine, which is the same for both.

Big D Guest

Looks great.

If anyone is interested I have a set of K9 kahr wood grips, absolutley mint for sale for $25 delivered. I just seemt o wander back to my factory original rubber grips..

Big D Guest

I love the look of wood but all of my handguns wear Hogue mono grips or slip on grips.