Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: Greetings from Nor Cal!

Default Greetings from Nor Cal!

Hey everyone. I'm an avid shooter new the the forum (and forums in general). I've been seriously considering the Cw9 for my next purchase. Its been years since I owned a 9mm and I feel it's a great option for a possible ccw down the road. Just need to hold one in my hands before I "pull the trigger..." thanks in advance.

Hello from lower Alabama- I'm a noob here too. Picked a CT 380 last week.

Welcome to the forum!

If you think you might want a pocket carry option for CC then check out the CM/PM 9 series Kahrs. They're a little shorter in height and length, weigh a bit less, carry one less round with flush mag but in my opinion make a more viable pocket gun than the larger and heavier CW9. If you intend to just belt carry the CW9 would be a good choice.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by ShootFirst86 View Post
    ... Just need to hold one in my hands before I "pull the trigger..." thanks in advance.
    That's where Kahrs really shine...when you get to hold one. Their ergonomics inspire a lot of converts. Welcome.
    ​O|||||||O

Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas!!!!!!!

Thanks all. I'm definitely looking forward to trying my luck with a new Kahr, I've read only good things.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    That's where Kahrs really shine...when you get to hold one. Their ergonomics inspire a lot of converts. Welcome.
    I totally agree with this statement. Shot Glocks,Sig's,Beretta's,Colt's and revolvers for years. Held a CW9 in a shop about 9 months ago and bought one. It is now possibly my favorite warm-weather carry pistol. Zero issues,very accurate and fun to shoot. I can even shoot left-handed almost as well as my right. Buy one...you won't regret it.

I have been thinking about this a bit lately. I don't think Kahrs feel that good when you hold one in a store. Some new Kahrs are smooth right away. But, I've also held some that were gritty in both the slide and trigger at the store

The trigger on my PM9 was gritty at first too. But, cleaned up and shot for a bit all of the triggers I've used have become smooth, and the action of the pistol smooths out too. That latter usually just takes cleaning and lube.

It occurred to me when my wife was shopping for a pistol. We grabbed a CW9 off a shelf, and it was gritty and stiff. She ended up getting an XDs. Based on how that CW felt in comparison, it was a no brainer. I just knew that CW with the grit cleaned out and lubed would be as smooth as my Kahrs, but folks without experience with Kahrs would never know.

The XDs is a fine pistol, but not the size or trigger I like. But it felt pretty good compared to a dirty, gritty NIB CW9 that I would take over it any day. I love the Kahr ergos, trigger, etc. I don't think fondling them at a gun store necessarily shows Kahrs at their best.

Well I finally did it and started the paper work on a new CW9 today. Loved the feel and weight of it so much. And it was a steal at 330 bucks. Cant wait to pick it up!