Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever misplace a firearm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ever misplace a firearm

If you have then you know what I've been going through the last couple weeks so I'm going to tell one on myself now....My everyday pocket carry is a J frame smith 642 which works well for me since I have a bum left hand....I can't carry at work so it lives in a lock box in the truck and in my pocket or on the night stand the rest of the time....

Three weeks ago I started to get dressed and realized I had my wallet, keys, knife, phone but no pistol....I figured I had left it in the truck lock box but when I looked in there it was as empty as a bankers heart so I started to panic and tried to retrace my steps from the time I knew I had it to when I didn't....I had gone to Walmart the previous night to look for .223 ammo and I knew I had it then, went to the library and to get gas and not so sure I remember having it then....Got home from work and tore my room apart and no gun, really started to panic now...Searched the truck and yard in case I dropped it and still no gun....

I was heart sick and felt like an idiot because it's not like me to lose a gun....I looked everywhere for 2 days but no luck so I turned in a Police report for a lost/stolen gun....Ten days went by and no call from the Police and still haven't found it so went shopping and traded in my LCP (which I hated from day one) for a brand new no lock 642 just like my missing piece so at least I was back in the CCW business but feeling really bumed that I couldn't remember what happened to the old one....

Yesterday the house phone rang which is rare since we all use cell so I was closest to my wifes home office which I almost never go in and answered the phone and while talking I happend to look on top of her printer and guess what was there, yep my pistol and thats when it dawned on me what happened that night....Her battery back up for the computer was beeping for some reason just as I was empting my pockets for the evening and I went in there to reset the thing because it makes a horrible loud obnoxious sreaking tone and I must of had the pistol in my hand and I just laid it down long enough to turn off the damn racket and forgot it....

Well now I'm the proud owner of twin 642's....The Police were real nice about it and were glad the gun didn't fall into the wrong hands and cancelled the report....I'm feeling relieved that I found the thing but very stupid for misplacing it.....This getting older stuff sucks....

Well if it helps, send me the new one and we'll both have one. Seems democratic to me.

In my man cave I know where everything is. Seldom do I ever not know where something is but sons old enough that they sometimes go there to clean a gun or something.
    I misplaced a Swedish Mauser. I did like you and panicked but found I'd just put it in a different case behind some other stuff. I chalked it up to Dementia, not to be confused with Ahlzeimers which I know is coming.

Glad you found your gun, I can feel the panic just reading about it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawann, I guess I'll keep it for trade bait because I don't like it near as well as the first one, trigger pull is pretty rough on the new one and the original is slick as goose snot.....They say the definition of Dementia is not remembering which end your teeth go in so I'm not quite there yet but that day is coming.....What was I talking about? Was I finished?....Good night Irene and bring me my green jello damnit....

Ok, better to send me the old one then, you know how I hate a gritty trigger.

Oh and my wifes name is Irene! It was YOU!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's it, no more private emails for you they rattle your brain!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

What brain? Oh and the one today was great!!!.....What was it again, something about President Obumpkin I think????

Glad to hear all`s well. I`ve forgotten where i stashed a few.....more than a few times.
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

Thanks, I'll try not to do that again...I spent a week and a half dreaming that the thing fell out of my pocket in the Kids R Us parking lot or the toy department at Walmart.........NOT a good feeling

Aw man a memory.

I don't know if they are nationwide or not but we have or at least used to have places called Fun Factory. All kinds of stuff for kids to do, food and drink, mazes, tunnels, all sorts of stuff.

The construction company I worked for got a Tenant Improvement contract for one to fix up and change a few things.
    Of course it all has to be done at night so they were open during the day.

Well day guys usually go a little nuts when they have to work all night, in fact we were especially nuts cause we were starting a new apartment complex so we'd work all night and then go to the other job with very little sleep but excellent money. Gawd I miss that money.

Anyhow one night during a bout of after dark insanity I found myself bouncing around in the kids big ball pit. Great fun, you should try it.

I crawled out and was ready to go back to work when I thought to take inventory. Fortunately I was running the show so I ordered the whole crew, 3 guys I think that night into the ball pit.

We're looking for a 45 and a pack of Marlboro's. Working I had a special pouch on my tool belt but just stuffed it in my belt if I dropped the bags. Don't do that no more, always a holster. Nobody leaves until we find them.

We found em. Happy ending!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I have carried daily for a full twelve years, and before that, off and on a good twenty more.
    I almost hate to admit this but............
    One day I was shopping at a big box sporting goods store and entered one of the dressing rooms to try on a pair of pants. They did not fit, so I changed back into the ones I was wearing and returned the stores pants to the display. Looked around the store for a good fifteen minutes and suddenly had a sinking feeling in my stomach that came out of nowhere.
    I was torn between running to the manager or first checking the now locked dressing room I had been using. I opted for the dressing room.

I had left my PM9 in it's IWB holster laying on a shelf in the dressing room. It was right where I left it, and no one was any the wiser.

OK, here is a better one........

Loooooong time ago, my wife were having a breakfast in a very high end restaurant where we were pretty regular customers. Sitting in a booth, paid the bill, got up and left, only to have our server come running after me into the parking lot. With a cute wink she said, "did you mean to leave something?"

My holstered Seecamp 32 was carefully clutched in her hand.

My wife asked, "what did you leave now?"

"Just my cell phone Honey" (+ a $20 extra tip for Brittany)

That was last time I ever bought a pair of pants with shallow pockets.

I now carry a Matthews ChillX for SD. No problems so far.
    "Never pet a burning dog"