Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever misplace a firearm

The easiest way for me to find something I misplaced is to buy a replacement, and the item I lost will usually turn up in a few days. I do know that sick feeling in your stomach you get when you go to get a pistol out and it's not there. Luckily so far they have turned up in another spot.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

glad you found it. I know the panic you felt. Isn't fun.
    I am the Living Man

That would have had me going apesh!t...glad you found it! Not a gun but: we went up to the lake one early spring to put the boat in the water. It gets stored there all winter. We took one look at the boat and couldn't help notice that the entire out-drive was missing. After freaking out for awhile and almost calling the police and the insurance company, Mike remembers that he called the marina and asked them to repair the skeg (last fall). They came and got it at some point and obviously weren't done yet.
    ​O|||||||O

I just looked on top of Smiley's printer in hopes to get lucky...wouldn't mind a 642 myself. Nope.
    ​O|||||||O

getsome...It's okay, it happens even to the worst of us. Don't rightly know exactly how many firearms I own. I'd say mebbe five to ten are "misplaced" at any given time. Sometimes I find/happen across something and it feels like Christmas. Rarely misplace anything often carried, tho. If I do I just carry something else until it turns up.
    NRA Benefactor

20 years ago couldn't find my North American Mini Magnum while shuckin' my drawers for bedtime. That panic feeling got my BP up, but when I found it slipped down in the couch cushions after a frantic search of the house, my heart rate returned to almost normal.

This past Christmas after we got home from a shopping trip, I took off my jacket and discovered the Ruger LCP wasn't in its proper pocket. That terrible sinking feeling set in as I searched everywhere, until the wife pointed it out to me - still in the Desantis Nemesis holster - wedged in between her car's seatbelt lock and the center console where it had slipped out of my jacket pocket while unbuckling. Whew, that was a real discombobulater - thought I had lost it while out at a store somewhere.

Believe I already posted my son's missing gun story - Christmas 2013 I gave him my tiny North American Mini .22lr (not the Magnum) as a novelty gift. A few days later (after trash day) he admitted he could not find it anywhere in his house. Naturally, I searched our place high & low (they had opened it at our house Christmas afternoon) without success. He & we figured it had gotten thrown out in the big bag of wrapping paper trash. I was considerably disappointed as that was a neat little pistol, although near impossible to shoot because of its diminutive size.
    Anyway, I got a call from my DIL the week before this past Christmas - she found the little shooter in her unused Christmas wrapping paper box. It was still in the little bitty gun rug. Needless to say, son didn't get a new gun gift from me that month. I have been giving him guns for Christmas for several years, so maybe it was time for a little wakeup lesson.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

So your wife didn't know it was on her printer? If her office is like my wifes hobby room nothing can be found in there.

I left my cm9 in my truck console for a couple of weeks one time not realizing it. The day i left it there i had 2 carry guns and placed it there. I had been carrying my j frame afterwards so i didnt realize it was gone till 2 weeks later when i went looking for it. It had me in a panic. I had just bought the cm45 and wasnt used to seeing 4 kahrs on the shelf so when there was only 3 on the shelf at the time all seemed well.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Can't say I've ever misplaced a firearm but I have "forgotten" them a couple of times. When we go hunting I normally bring my primary hunting rifle, a back up for the primary, a brush gun, a camp pistol and a carry pistol. When the hunt is over I have been known to leave one of them in the trailer and only realize I left one of them in the camping trailer when I go to put the others away.

On another note, I have seen what happens to someone in the military when the lose their weapon. Keep in mind, most in the military don't carry a weapon every day unless in a combat zone or if they are military LEO types (Master at Arms in the Navy for you land lubbers). Not a pretty picture and I felt a bit bad for the person, even though I was the one chewing them out on occasion.

^ Misplaced is one thing...lost is a whole 'nother. I've never lost a gun. That be a bad thing I would never treat as "not really concerned about".
    NRA Benefactor

I recently went nuts looking for my NAA mini 22LR revolver. As it turned out, it was in my safe where it belongs. I forgot I put it away. I think age is beginning to show. What a sick feeling you get when you think you may have misplaced a gun.