Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeeps Rule

Cool Jeeps Rule

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

amazing
    I am the Living Man

My 2000 Cherokee Sport is only a 2WD, so it won't do that.

Don't care though, it is the perfect city vehicle - shorter than a Saturn SL sedan, very small turning radius. Plus it's stout enough not to get folded up like one of those tiny "city cars". Pretty good acceleration & torque with the 4 liter inline Six. Stone Age reliability too.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Nice vid! I've done some of that stuff with my big toy version....even have similar flares on mine:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

freaking cool vid
    I am the Living Man

Bought a Wrangler New in '91, probably my favorite vehicle. Had to unload it in '94 after an accident. Go figure, driving to work in a snowstorm on the unplowed highway, I'm in 4WD and doing about 30 mph when two rwd sedans fly past me and wipe-out heading into the approaching bend.

I had to put it into a slide to avoid hitting them but the curb and the guard-rail took out my rear. Insurance denied new replacement parts, had to go with used and it was never the same. Still burns me up.

Mine was stock but it got through everything I threw at it. Can't say the same for an Xterra I had later.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice vid! I've done some of that stuff with my big toy version....even have similar flares on mine:

Regards,
    Greg
    Nice!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Dad got a war surplus CJ soon after the war. It was to use, not pretty and nothing upgraded. After years of fishin and huntin it got a bit unreliable. I took it fishin right after HS Graduation and was the first into the back country I liked. I took off the fan belt to ford a stream running mid-block high and had the fuel pump go out a couple days walk out, but I tore it down and cleaned the innards so it worked again. Used the trench shovel to dig a sandstone sidehill trench for the uphill tires to keep it from sliding down the gulch. Great trip except the scorpions migrating across the camp in the night. There were hundreds of them so I slept in the jeep instead of the ground. I loved that old jeep. Nowdays they are too big & too heavy & too pretty to go where I took the old Willys.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

^^^ dad's said Willys on it too. Thanks for the rememberies. Mom used to push him up the street in the Dodge so dad could pop the clutch and start it.

My sister got real sick in a winter snowstorm. Mom got the Dodge stuck blocking the drive. Dad got the Willys started somehow and drove around the house in a bunch of snow to take her to the doctor.

Good stuff.
    ​O|||||||O