Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT380 Review Video is Up on YouTube

Default CT380 Review Video is Up on YouTube

Had a really strange Winter down here this year. We thought we would skate through unscathed, but got hammered in February so this review took longer than expected. We did have a few tee shirt days on the weekend so I managed to get it done last weekend. I'll finish up the review write up later this week or this weekend.

Owner of and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Great review, Lunatic. (sp.) How'd ya get one that doesn't malfunction? I sent your vid to Jocko.He's gonna call you about shooting lessons.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Good video. I appreciate your reviews, especially ammo (which might not be as much fun as new guns) Any plans to review the new HST 380?
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Liked your video. Very well done. I was particularly impressed with your grouping from the magazine of doom.

Video could be improved with better audio. Same with your Taurus Curve video that I just happened to watch earlier.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Video could be improved with better audio. Same with your Taurus Curve video that I just happened to watch earlier.
    Taurus Curve was a disaster. Everyone was pushing me to Blue Snowball, but neglected to tell me which Blue Snowball. Of course, I bought the wrong one. CT380 was done with the correct Blue Snowball.

Audio is a really big challenge and spending money isn't helping very much. Perhaps it could be better with additional time spent during production, but I have way too many hours invested by then. I appreciate the feedback and agree that aspect could be improved.
    Owner of and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Good video. I appreciate your reviews, especially ammo (which might not be as much fun as new guns) Any plans to review the new HST 380?
    I won't say no to testing/reviewing HST 380, but it's not on my plan at the moment.

Default CT380 Review Video is Up on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
    I won't say no to testing/reviewing HST 380, but it's not on my plan at the moment.
    Hope you do, using the p380, because the HST 380 round is supposed to be made specifically for micros. Really like your ammo reviews. Less pompous and, I think, more reliable than some others.
    Last edited by SlowBurn; 03-18-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Thumbs up

A great review of the pistol and the magazine upgrade. Great shooting, too, but could have included some CT-380 velocities, too. Keep up the good work.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    A great review of the pistol and the magazine upgrade. Great shooting, too, but could have included some CT-380 velocities, too. Keep up the good work.

Wynn
    Thanks Wynn. Here ya go. I walk a fine line with the YouTube audience. Most won't put up with too much technical detail, unless it's part of a review for something brand new and different than anything else on the market. I save the technical details for the blog. I don't think I've ever had a complaint about the blog being too long, or too detailed.

Way more positives with your videos than negatives - keep them coming. Hope you're not upset with our minor criticisms.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson