CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 Single Stack Nine

All this G43 chatter makes me want a CM9.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Ditto, well said. Thinner, lighter and probably a better trigger.

I'd trade a CM9 for a
    Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 45ACP Matte Black Finish

Agreed!
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Bigger = better? Not with today's SD ammo. Ellifritz study - .380 got a one-shot-stop 44% of the cases; .45ACP got 39%. 9mm got 34%. Carry what makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

They say the average gunfight is about 6 rounds. What do you plan to do with the other 23 rounds in your G21?
    Although a great study it is outdated. A month ago, I spent a day with the boys at ATK, and the ammo they are now manufacturing shows the .380 to be well behind the new production of customized larger caliber ammo they are producing. Literally everything they shot at the gel penetrated to the exact same depth with the expansion being nearly the same based on the development of the actual bullet itself (clad vs. bonded etc.). The things they did with some new 9mm was astonishing. All done to keep the lawyers at bay.

The random .380 (from back up guns) we provided. was no where near its bigger brothers.

A very eye opening day for everyone at the demonstration.
    If I had to guess, there will be a resurgence of 9mm as the preferred carry caliber for LE in the near future.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Bigger = better? Not with today's SD ammo. Ellifritz study - .380 got a one-shot-stop 44% of the cases; .45ACP got 39%. 9mm got 34%. Carry what makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

They say the average gunfight is about 6 rounds. What do you plan to do with the other 23 rounds in your G21?
    You have to put things into perspective, regardless of studies..............................6 .45 holes are always better than 6 .380 holes.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    I happen to have one of those. I'm very fond of it.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    You have to put things into perspective, regardless of studies..............................6 .45 holes are always better than 6 .380 holes.
    Agreed, but it depends on where the holes are. Most agree that CNS hits are best for immediate incapacitation. Short of that, shots which cause rapid blood loss and shock are next-best. The rest are just annoying and can't be depended upon to stop an assailant quickly enough to avoid being killed yourself. To to all that, shot placement is critical, no matter what caliber. One well-placed 380 is better than 6 missed .45s.

Personally I find a .45 easy to control in both slow fire and stress fire (well, a simulated level anyway), and since studies show that most engagements involve fewer than 5 shots, I feel comfortable with 5+1 .45 rounds vs. a larger number of 9mm, but for some reason, some people simply find the 9mm and especially the 380 to control.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Maybe in theory but not necessarily in practice. If I can put 6 .380 holes within a 2" circle right between your eyes vs 6 .45 holes within a 10" circle scattered around your head or chest, which is better?

It's all about how well you can shoot the caliber you have and shot placement. The older I get and more arthritis I have in my hands the less enjoyable a .45 becomes. .380's are a breeze to carry, especially the G42 or CM9. Geez even my heavy MK9 was easier to carry than my G26 but I shot the G26 much better.

Now having the G42 which is about as small and light as I would want to go and a G26 which is still an EDC, I see no reason why I would need the G43. So now the G42 will replace the MK9. However, after all the bugs are worked out I will still probably check it out.

I'm a Glock fan and have a G19 and G23. I've been enjoying my Kahr CM9 for the past several months. The 43 is a 6+1 so no advantage over the CM9. It looks to be a bit larger so no advantage. The MSRP is $580 so definitely no advantage. For the friends in Kali it will not be compliant. I'm sure way down the road I'll pick one up used but for now I'm good with my Kahr.