Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: Please vote yes! on mag limits repeal!

Default Please vote yes! on mag limits repeal!

Last edited by downtownv; 03-20-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Done!

Yeah, I don't live in Colorado & never have been there.... yet. But two of my nephews (Texas residents) spend a lot of time up there - one owns a condo near a ski resort - and would like to take their modern sporting rifles with standard capacity magazines along for self defense purposes.

Don't know why their 2nd Amendment rights should be infringed just because they cross a state line. I thought the Constitution was applicable everywhere in all 50 states and US territories.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Voted, but not sure if this will have any effect. I've "heard" that the gov will veto the bill if it makes it to his desk but I've also heard he will sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Done!

Yeah, I don't live in Colorado & never have been there.... yet. But two of my nephews (Texas residents) spend a lot of time up there - one owns a condo near a ski resort - and would like to take their modern sporting rifles with standard capacity magazines along for self defense purposes.

Don't know why their 2nd Amendment rights should be infringed just because they cross a state line. I thought the Constitution was applicable everywhere in all 50 states and US territories.
    Colorado has no possession mag cap prohibition on mags owned/purchased before the law went into effect. Resident or otherwise. Owned it before, it's still ok, and there is no mechanism in place to contradict an owner's statement. Unless the mag has a not required post ban date stamp or the possessor is insanely honest if questioned the ban is unenforceable....as all the LE 'round these parts keep pointing out.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Colorado has no possession mag cap prohibition on mags owned/purchased before the law went into effect. Resident or otherwise. Owned it before, it's still ok, and there is no mechanism in place to contradict an owner's statement. Unless the mag has a not required post ban date stamp or the possessor is insanely honest if questioned the ban is unenforceable....as all the LE 'round these parts keep pointing out.
    I'll be testing this very soon once the snow melts off enough for me to get back in the woods with my Tommy. My can't wait to shoot it and he really wants to use the 50 round drum, but that thing is really more trouble than it's worth. He'll just have to do with the 30 round stick but I'll bring the 50 rd drum to make him feel better.

I kinda hoping someone will report me.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I'll be testing this very soon once the snow melts off enough for me to get back in the woods with my Tommy. My can't wait to shoot it and he really wants to use the 50 round drum, but that thing is really more trouble than it's worth. He'll just have to do with the 30 round stick but I'll bring the 50 rd drum to make him feel better.

Let me know where you're gonna be at. Still know a fair number of the sheriffs and I maybe can be fixin' you up on that.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post

I agree on the drum, it's fun for it's 50 rounds once it's loaded but after that I much prefer my sticks.

Does look cool and makes a nice stand with the drum but I'm a GI wannabe, not a gangsta wannabe.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Shot at some jackrabbits once with a WWII vintage Tommy (30 round sticks, IIRC, no drum) out at a college chum's dad's ranch in South Texas 50 years ago. Kinda fun, but loading it was a chore.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Not a drum person, either. Need to get beyond sticks and I'm goin' fer a belt.
    NRA Benefactor