Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: break in finished - CM9

Default break in finished - CM9

I just completed my 200+ round break in of my CM9. Happy to report, out of 250 rounds, 4 different ammo types/brands, I only had one FTF, which occurred on the 2nd round of Winchester White Box. Has been perfect since that second round. Break in of 200 rounds was WWB. Then I tested Hornady Critical Defense 115g, Winchester "D" 124gr defend ammo, and Federal 124g hydroshock. All performed perfect and were accurate. Now, I just need to decide which ammo to carry. She's ready to go.

You made a good choice with the CM9. I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago and it is my constant companion. 100% right out of the box. I've had a few others come and go but the CM9 stays. Welcome and good luck!

Welcome, glad to hear your CM9 is working for you. Mine has been 100% also. There are a lot of good choices for 9mm SD ammo out there. I carry Federal HST 124 gr.

Happy to hear of your success. Welcome.

CM9= My every day pocket carry. Federal HST 124 gr. for me also.

Very glad to see a lot of HST love around here for use in the CM9/PM9. I am a very newly minted PM9 owner and have some boxes of HST in both 124 and 147 grain standard pressure. (Yes, I paid through the nose for the 147 but VERY glad to have it).

My thoughts are that the 124 will zip a tad better to aid in expansion from the 3.1" barrel of my PM9, and then use the 147 in my Beretta PX4 Storm Compact with a 3.27" barrel. Make sense?

Tim
    Last edited by OvalNut; 04-21-2015 at 05:59 PM.

I have several other Kahrs, including a P380 and a CM40, but the CM9 is my everyday carry.