Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some times things aren't what they seem!

Default Some times things aren't what they seem!

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

valuable lesson here. Thanks for posting this. It confirms my beliefs that my weapon is for my protection and my familly. It would be very rare that I would use it to protect someone else much less for someone I do not know at all.
    Last edited by knkali; 03-25-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    I am the Living Man

Just out of curiosity knkali, how would you feel about someone with a gun intervening on your behalf, knowing that you're not your brother's keeper.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Take into account, I had no sound. Well, the bystanders who started approaching were fools, especially if they were not armed. Otherwise, the guy with the firearm wasn't acting in a bizarre or threatening manor. He wasn't telling the guy that he was going to shoot him. Looks like everything was handled in a calm manor. I understand what you were trying to bring to our attention, and it is very important to understand the situation. If you don't, stay away until you do. I personally, would not inject myself into a situation, without having some knowledge of what is going on at the time. I'm sure that other's may/would. Could cost ya.......................

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Just out of curiosity knkali, how would you feel about someone with a gun intervening on your behalf, knowing that you're not your brother's keeper.
    I am not my brothers keeper because I don't shoot someone without knowing the facts of what I am getting into? That seems to be a reaching conclusion. I am still able to feed my brothers and sisters, clothe them, and help in other ways. I did not know that being "my brothers keeper" was limited to deadly force encounters only. Is it? As far as how I would feel about someone intervening on my behalf, I really do not know. I have not thought about it. I would feel terrible if I was wrestling with my nephew and someone mistook that as an assault and shot him. On the other hand if I were in a serious SD situation, I would feel great If someone helped me.. I hope my reply satisfies your curiosity.
    I am the Living Man

I'm there for ya knkali, might PM me a description of your nephew just to be safe.

I'm very careful going into situations but I'm a helper not a look the other way type. Risky business without question but I'm going in anyhow. Don't want to lose my sheepdog mentality, well mentality might not be the best choice of wording.

Attitude might be more gooder.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ofgs...ret LE are still cops at heart. The, trained, guy acted properly to a come upon immediate threat of serious bodily harm situation. Be grateful there are folk like that out there and get off his back.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Ofgs...ret LE are still cops at heart. The, trained, guy acted properly to a come upon immediate threat of serious bodily harm situation. Be grateful there are folk like that out there and get off his back.
    Agreed....He still is a LEO in my book too. I wonder how many retired LEOs feel that way though.
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm there for ya knkali, might PM me a description of your nephew just to be safe.

I'm very careful going into situations but I'm a helper not a look the other way type. Risky business without question but I'm going in anyhow. Don't want to lose my sheepdog mentality, well mentality might not be the best choice of wording.

Attitude might be more gooder.
    6' 4" 300 lbs. 30 yo Caucasian.
    I am the Living Man

Cripes! That description fits about 40% of the U.S. population.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat