Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    If he is convicted desertion in a warzone under wartime conditions IMHO calls for only ONE punishment!
    Has the military court sentenced any American soldier to death within the last 75 years?
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    THANK YOU AJ!!!....It was reported this morning that 3 of the 5 released terrorist leaders have rejoined ranks with their Al Qaeda pals in the old hunting grounds.... We will be seeing them again I'm afraid and the blood will be all over Obummers hands for letting them go in exchange for a real POS.....
    yep but the president aint staying up at night thinking about that.
    I am the Living Man

It isn't necessary for the military to go through all of these legal gyrations. They just have to hand the bastard over to me.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I just heard on the news he wrote a letter to America whining about how the Taliban treated him while in captivity. I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for him. I just think if he had remained at his post, he wouldn't have been a captive. What an idiot, I hope they burn this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Has the military court sentenced any American soldier to death within the last 75 years?
    Private Eddie Slovik shot for desertion January 31, 1945.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    Private Eddie Slovik shot for desertion January 31, 1945.
    Thanks for that info. Obviously, this sort of scenario is rare indeed. I am gonna do a little search on Slovik and see what I can.
    I am the Living Man

hmm interesting factoids here. Not as uncommon as I thought.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Slovik
    I am the Living Man

I hear the New York Times editorial page is pushing for Bergdahl to be released due to the harsh time he was a prisoner in enemy hands (punishment enough) and that he be given an honorable discharge. This brings to mind that the liberals have infested the education system and are putting "gumdrops" in the brains of our children. The concept that everyone who joins and "competes" gets a certificate and it makes no difference who the winner is. If we exaggerate this concept to the ridiculous then what difference does it make if a platoon deserts, a company deserts, . . . a division deserts, they should all be given an honorable discharge for having joined and "competed"? Thank the liberals for turning out a country full of flower children who will be totally unable to protect themselves from the world we live in. Bergdahl joined, took the oath, then deserted. His comrades went looking for him and some died. For their sacrifice, Bergdahl needs to come up for trial. For those who wrote this editorial for the Times, you need to get a rifle and man a forward observation post.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    I just heard on the news he wrote a letter to America whining about how the Taliban treated him while in captivity. I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for him. I just think if he had remained at his post, he wouldn't have been a captive. What an idiot, I hope they burn this guy.

Yup. getting F'd like a goat must be a pain in the ass!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”