Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    One theory I've heard for the delayed Army decision to court marshal him, is that there may be complicating circumstances that led to him leaving his post. I personally haven't heard anything that would substantiate it, and those complications certainly could be just to politically save face, but if we play the conspiracy game, there could be stuff the Army doesn't want to drag through the public square and needed time to button them up.
    What would justify disarming and deserting your post? Diarrhea?

Once again this administration is proven to be inept at best, complicit at worst. They had all the Intel necessary to depict Bergdahl as the deserter that he is. Yet they used the opportunity to circumvent Congress with trumped up exigent concerns about his health. Then they did the previously unthinkable in negotiating with terrorists and releasing the 5 specific high ranking terror officials that al Qaeda demanded.

My mind simply cannot comprehend such ineptitude, it has to be more than that. Even if not, will anyone who voted for Obama ever admit that this guy is a menace? Is it even possible? How in the world can an individual love a single president more than their country?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    What would justify disarming and deserting your post? Diarrhea?
    Not sure really. But WMac19 seems to have special insight into the details. I'm guessing he has a top security clearance to be so confident in his analysis. Must be a Pentagonian working out of Arlington.

Just don't ever forget what the acronym "OBAMA" stands for.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Not sure really. But WMac19 seems to have special insight into the details. I'm guessing he has a top security clearance to be so confident in his analysis. Must be a Pentagonian working out of Arlington.
    Yeah, because that's exactly what's necessary for someone to state an opinion on an internet message board. I take the word of Sgt. Buetow over that of our president as Sgt. Buetow has yet to be caught in consistent lies. He and his fellow soldiers who served with Bergdahl had repeatedly claimed that Bergdahl deserted. Obama knew the claims and he knew the rest of the cloud of uncertainty regarding his walking off yet he pushed forward anyway without Congressional input.

Even if there was room for doubt, there was enough controversy for anyone with any sense to forego the charade that was the Rose Garden announcement. Obama politicized the entire event, he deserves the egg on his face now.

If top security clearance is necessary to know this prior to Bergdahl's release then someone's in trouble for spilling the beans. The Taliban 5 agree with you that I must be ignorant.

Regardless, the administration is on record now through Jen Psaki in defending the exchange in light of the recent charges. With facts revealed, they still defend their the move and therefore their pomp and circumstance. So what does that say wrt my assertions? Inept or complicit, you can pick I'm good with either.

"Honor and distinction" indeed. But whose character is still at question wrt honor and distinction? Bergdahl's or this administration's?
    Last edited by WMac19; 03-25-2015 at 10:56 PM.

I'll go out on a limb and say that you have never served your country in arms. I did and did have a top secret clearance. Nothing in the military is worse than one who deserts in the time of war, unless they go over to the enemy.

I'm just curious why we've have two liberals who have joined this board in the recent past to try and turn us against the Constitution. I've already blocked one member and I'm about to block you. If you don't stand behind this country and the Constitution why in the hell are you even on this board?!?

If you like Kahrs, then fine. If you don't like this country, get the hell out.

Do not question why this waste of a human being is being charged. We've all known he was a deserter from the beginning even though your precious POTUS tried to make him out as a hero.

If the admins feel I should be banned, I'm good with that. I won't sit by while idiots try to divide this forum, which hasn't happened, with crap spewing from their liberal holes.

Well boys and girls, my last straw was just yanked.

Hold my beer and watch this.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It is not good to jump to conclusions. Bergdahl is in the brig and isn't going anywhere. All will come out during his trial.

If he is convicted desertion in a warzone under wartime conditions IMHO calls for only ONE punishment!
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say that you have never served your country in arms. I did and did have a top secret clearance. Nothing in the military is worse than one who deserts in the time of war, unless they go over to the enemy.

I'm just curious why we've have two liberals who have joined this board in the recent past to try and turn us against the Constitution. I've already blocked one member and I'm about to block you. If you don't stand behind this country and the Constitution why in the hell are you even on this board?!?

If you like Kahrs, then fine. If you don't like this country, get the hell out.

Do not question why this waste of a human being is being charged. We've all known he was a deserter from the beginning even though your precious POTUS tried to make him out as a hero.

If the admins feel I should be banned, I'm good with that. I won't sit by while idiots try to divide this forum, which hasn't happened, with crap spewing from their liberal holes.
    THANK YOU AJ!!!....It was reported this morning that 3 of the 5 released terrorist leaders have rejoined ranks with their Al Qaeda pals in the old hunting grounds.... We will be seeing them again I'm afraid and the blood will be all over Obummers hands for letting them go in exchange for a real POS.....