Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: Xs sight ?

Default Xs sight ?

Has anyone installed a Xs big dot for a front sight and left the standard/factory rear sight on? Or does it not work well together?

If so would someone be willing to post a sight picture for me. Thanks!

What kind of rear sight are you asking about??????????????? 2 dot...........all black square............one dot.................................notch????????? ????

XS Big Dots on my HK.............................................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes! I'm probably the resident "expert" on that... did that with my Mag-na-ported P40 and posted it as a "Blog" here on KahrTalk.

You can see what I did installing these and what NOT to do!

This is a camera shot and when you hold the pistol up to aim, the front sight is HUGE!

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...light=Big+Dots

They don't shoot to point of aim with "normal" sight picture. I have to nestle the Big Dot on the inner upper edges of the rear sight and it shoots a bit low, but for closeup defensive shooting it works for me. I mostly point anyhow.

I really took a lot off the base of the FS and even had to undercut the cylindrical part of the sight when it came into contact with the slide. I was "following the instructions" about ONLY removing material from the bottom of the base... should have removed a bit from the sides of the bases, too. What was really puzzling... that the pistol shot low after I lowered the height of the front sight!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".