Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50gr Liberty 9mm 2000fps

Default 50gr Liberty 9mm 2000fps

Hey all! Anyone shot this +P stuff yet? Do you think it is safe out of my CM9? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trentu View Post
    Hey all! Anyone shot this +P stuff yet? Do you think it is safe out of my CM9? Thanks.
    I wouldn't use it. Especially in a poly pistol. I avoid +p altogether. I don't see any logical reason to use it. Gimicky

Wouldn't think of it................................................ ...

Why not? The pistols are rated +P. I doubt they are loaded any hotter than any other +P. They are just pushing a much smaller chunk of lead.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I think I'm going to carry them. They make such a nice hole and the penetration is excellant. I think Tom is correct. The lightweight bullet gives it most the speed. The other thing is I will just practice some with it and carry it. Won't target shoot with it.

Default 50gr Liberty 9mm 2000fps

Great for home defense IMHO due to its fragmentation. I've slung hundreds of rounds through all my pistols to include Kahr's, Kimber's & Glock's with no malfunctions. Very reliable but I run Hornady Civil Defense in my self-defense EDC, which happens to be a Kahr PM9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trentu View Post
    I think I'm going to carry them. They make such a nice hole and the penetration is excellant. I think Tom is correct. The lightweight bullet gives it most the speed. The other thing is I will just practice some with it and carry it. Won't target shoot with it.
    Funny. That's the opposite of what I expected to hear. Generally, isn't a heavier bullet better for SD? Even at a slower velocity?
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Funny. That's the opposite of what I expected to hear. Generally, isn't a heavier bullet better for SD? Even at a slower velocity?
    Depends, imo. "Rifle velocity" ultra light out of a handgun makes little sense to me. But in 9mm I'm partial to 124 gr vice heaviest/147.
    NRA Benefactor

Good penetration is far more important than expansion. If you are ever in a gun fight you won't know what's beyond the perp and you damn well won't care. Your focus will be on the perp and in stopping his actions ASAP. I didn't see anything on the cartridge box indicating that this is +P ammunition. If I were you I'd stick with Speer Gold Dots or Hornady Critical Defense ammo.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    Why not? The pistols are rated +P. I doubt they are loaded any hotter than any other +P. They are just pushing a much smaller chunk of lead.
    Waste of money, waste of time............................believe me, the person that gets shot with it wont know what it is...........................................Fed HST............Critical Defense.