Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new Kahr T9...I like it a lot

Default My new Kahr T9...I like it a lot

I've had an NYPD trade-in K9 since 2012 that I like a lot and it's my primary CCW. The T9 has been on my radar for about a year but they aren't too easy too find. The few used ones I've run across were priced about the same or higher than what I paid for this one new ($717 after all fees). When I saw Bud's Gun Shop had them in stock in December I put one on layaway and finally received it this week. It came with three factory magazines. I am pleased with the fit/finish except for the grips (see photos below). Like my K9, it has everything you need and nothing you don't which makes for a pistol with a nice, sleek look. The ergonomics of the pistol are great for me resulting in one of the most natural-pointing pistols I own. I would say my T9, SIG P225, and CZ P-01 are the best I own in this regard.

I did get a chance to shoot the T9 this afternoon, though only for a brief 50 rounds. I shot it along with my P225 and K9. The T9's great fit in my hand showed on the targets. I was very pleased with the results. I used all three of the included magazines and experienced no malfunctions of any kind. The magazines were a bit tough to load, especially the eighth round, but I'm sure that will get easier with time and use. The trigger is pretty nice but heavier than my K9's trigger. I look forward to shooting the T9 more as I'm sure its trigger will become lighter and smoother over time.

In regards to the grips, I emailed Kahr the photos I have posted below and they responded the next day. They agreed to send me a set of new grips and that will hopefully fix the fit issue. The protruding wood did dig into my hand while shooting. It was a little uncomfortable but only left a slight red mark. I would REALLY like a set of Hogue rubber grips like the K9 has. I would also settle for Hogue or VZ G-10 grips like I have on my SIG P225 (Hogue Piranhas) and CZ P-01 (VZ Frag Pattern). Those pistols would wear Hogue rubber grips if they were available but G-10 is the next best thing for me and it looks really nice.

The T9 is a bit pricy and can be hard to find but I'm glad I kept looking and picked one up. I think Bud's still has them in stock. If you like the K9 I would give the T9 a serious look. I'm happy to have both of them. I hope the T9 continues to be a trouble-free shooter because I don't see it, or my K9, going anywhere.

The T9 with my SIG P225 and K9.

This is my CZ P-01 with VZ Frag Pattern grips.

Last edited by photoman12001; 03-28-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Great pics as usual! I'm so glad you like your T9 and also glad that Kahr is setting you up with new grips. Hogue is usually much better than that. I have 2 sets of wood Kahr grips and another set of wood grips for a J-frame and they all fit perfect. I'm sure your next set will to.
    ​O|||||||O

Looks like the holes got put in the wrong spot on that right side panel. Hanging low on the backstrap and also on the side.

I know it's tough to get them right but still no excuse, shouldn't have made it out like that.

I've had a T9 hankering for a very long time. Only ever seen one in person, wanted it badly. Someday one will be mine.

Unless they make a T45, then all bets are off.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Very nice review and photos. Thanks.

Suddenly I want a T9! Very sweet pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Looks like the holes got put in the wrong spot on that right side panel. Hanging low on the backstrap and also on the side.
    That is my guess. I messed with it a little yesterday and it sits properly without screws but as I tighten the top screw the panel is pulled out of position. The wood grips look nice but I would strongly prefer rubber or G-10.

Did you receive your new grips photoman? I'm asking because now that I have my T9 back I see the my right grip panel has the exact same problem. Did Kahr want you to send back the old grips before they would send you new ones? I emailed Kahr last night and got a response to that effect and I really do not want to be without a fully functional gun for another week or however long it takes on the turn around.

Kahr did send the new grips but I've been out of town. My wife said they arrived though. Kahr sent the new grips with a return label to send the old ones back. I should be home in a few days to see if this fixed the issue. I'm really hoping our frames were not drilled/tapped incorrectly for the grip screws.

Agreed, I hope the frame is not the issue considering my frame was just replaced. I emailed Kahr back asking them to send out a new set of grips along with an RMA label, I really do not feel that I should have to be without parts through no fault of my own. I am still considering getting a second set of grips just to play with, I want to smooth them out a bit and bob the back side some. Or maybe I'll see if Bawanna will make me some new ones, his work is amazing!