Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: Great day included my Kahr CM9!

Default Great day included my Kahr CM9!

Sometimes its nice to a day off from work, errands and chores. Well, today was one of those days. Slept in with the wife and then read a little in bed. After breakfast I brought the kids to church for an Easter Egg hunt and games. Then on the way home we made a little detour and stopped at a local park. The kids had a great time on the swings and slides but it was the hike through the surrounding woods they liked best. Whether it was finding pine cones, slipping and sliding on still icy slopes or trying to skip rocks on the creek, all 4 had fun. Once home we ate a light lunch (because of the chocolate consumed during the Easter Egg hunt) and the kids play with various games and toys quietly. Honestly, I think they were tired out by the hike.
    Then I went to the range. I decided to take only one gun today and work on stance, grip, and trigger pull. As the CM9 is my EDC that is the one that came with me. I shot predominantly Federal 115gr Aluminum cased with some TulAmmo BrassMaxx 115gr thrown in. Despite a temp of 27 ℉ there were no FTF or FTE, even using the discouraged method of racking the slide instead the using the slide stop to charge the gun. My shot placement was better than usual and "combat accurate" but wouldn't win me any awards. At the end I set out some old plastic containers filled with water just to have some cheap reactive targets and was rewarded with some nice spray.
    Kids now headed to bed and plan on hitting the treadmill before I hit mine. As for the Kahr CM9, I am still pleased with this little pistol and trust my life and my family's to it. Thought about looking at the Glock 43 but this is lighter and smaller and slips easily into to my pocket. Can't see myself see myself replacing it...except with a CM45.

Sounds like you are a happy Kahr owner, but more important, a happy family man.

Life can be good if you don't watch the news much.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

sounds like a very good day. thanks for the post.
    ​O|||||||O

Sounds wonderful!!
    NRA Benefactor

We all need a day like that now and then to get our senses back. Reminds you of what's really important in life.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Be patient, be frugal, stay healthy and every day in retirement can be like the one you described... with the grand kids.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

^^^ great advice Bill. My pop and I were talking and he's been retired 26 years. Still frugal and still happy...with great-grandkids!

P.S. ...not so sure about "patient".
    ​O|||||||O