Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Slide Stops on K9 and PM9

Default Slide Stops on K9 and PM9

Nice day at the range today. My daughter is a pretty good shot!

My K9 slide stop pin is coming out easier now, no mallet required.

On the PM9, the slide stop sorta half broke today. When cleaning the pistol, I noticed the pin spun in the lever. It is actually kind of loose on it now.

I just ordered a new one, but haven't heard of anyone having that happen before. The pistol is about 5 years old with several thousand rounds (I lost count frankly). It hasn't missed a beat yet.

All of my 9mm Kahrs also "slingshot" just fine to load a round. I can even ride the slide back. As long as I pull the slide back far enough to start, nothing keeps them from feeding rounds.

Probably nothing to worry about on the PM9 slide stop. They are a three piece affair: the the lever is a tight/press fit on the big pin, then a small, blind cross pin holds them together. Depending upon the fit of the parts, some of the "P" slide stops will spin, others won't. I have one of each and no issues with either.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg! The PM9 was already back in my pocket.

I'll have to put on my real close in glasses to see the cross pin. Thanks again.

I as usual concur with Greg. Nothing to worry about and you'll need your real up close spectacles, the cross pin is a itty bitty little bugger for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."