Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: some words of wisdom from the inlaws.. (sarcasm)

Default some words of wisdom from the inlaws.. (sarcasm)

went on a little 4 day vacation down to the inlaws.. brought my trusty CW9 with me, had a blast.

wife and i took a walk down the road and i decided to appendix carry while only wearing shorts (no shirt).. there are some dogs along the route that have nipped me once, and i wanted something better than my foot to protect my wife and son.
    while walking down the road my little brother in law sees my gun and asks "is that loaded??" I kinda stared at him and was like "well an empty gun wouldnt do me any good.."

then later my mother in law asked me if it was a real gun or a bb gun.. to which i replied "why would i be carrying around a bb gun??"

she was just concerned about it going off while appendix carrying. (wants a grand daughter one day. lol)

decided that appendix carry hurts to sit down, and i have a bruise on the inside of my leg

A shorter gun works better for appendix carry!
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    A shorter gun works better for appendix carry!
    And makes a smaller target.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

My dad in WWII bomber used to lend his flak jacket to the Navigator, who was married pre war. He wanted to come home with the 2 boys he left with......
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I carry a S&W Mdl. 29 with 8" barrel IWB appendix carry, get a lot of dates.
    ("is that a canoe in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?")
    (seriously--- if you take a crossdraw holster and move it to the strong side, then you have a rear cant holster that, I think, is about perfect for appendix carry, (1, 1:30, 2 o'clock), even with bigger guns. slide it more toward 12 o'clock for sitting or driving. since your working right in front, the draw is very fast. the gun comes out of a rear cant holster faster and more naturally than trying to "bowl" the gun on target from a forward cant or FBI cant type holster. try it see if it works for you.

I carry my cw40 at 11:00 barrel tilted towards outside of my leg, end of grip tucked in waist band, and don't have any problems. Same with cm45. or even my CA .44 when I had one.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.