Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Buy a Kahr?

In my limited experience, reputable gun manufacturers stand behind their products regardless of warranty. Kahr, Glock, Ruger, Taurus have all serviced guns without charge, and never asked for warranty related information or even if I was the original owner. I would put the legal warranty terms toward the bottom of the list of my priorities in choosing a handgun.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I think if you are going to have problems, they will show up fairly soon. Otherwise springs wear out, and they are inexpensive to replace. As far as the CM45 goes, I really like mine. It's easy to conceal, and 6 shots should be plenty for most situations. It fits my small hands really well, and with the magazine pad, I can get all 4 fingers on the grip.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I bought my pm9 because I liked the size,look and feel. And it turns out Kahrs are pretty damn good pistols. I guess I got lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Why should I buy a Kahr when other companies offer a some what similar product with a life time warranty? I've been eyeballing a CM9 and CM45 for a while now, and was just about to buy one before being turned off when their lack of long term support for their product was brought to my attention. It seems that if anything goes wrong after five years, It'd be cheaper for me to toss the $300 gun in the trash and buy new vs paying $60 per hour + shipping... I guess I'm hoping to hear something that will make me feel better about purchasing one of their firearms..
    well here we are in 2015, why can't we get a gun on a plan like a cellphone? as much as we trade them, might as well just rent them. 2 year contract is about up on the Kahr, eh, trade it for a Glock or an M&P. I just sold a couple of Kahrs for half of current MSRP, the best I could have got on a trade in is half of "used"("used" being some gun store formula). I'm happy, the new owners are happy. why would you pay close to full MSRP on something that will be "used" as soon as they swipe your card? buy only guns that are throwawys or spend the bucks and buy guns that are collectible(or hold their value). if you want good service after the sale, go around to different forums and inquire. Hi-Point has a lifetime, transferable warranty. see if anybody else does.

I was test driving a Subaru once and asked the salesman, "Why is the warranty only three years, when Hyundai's is ten?" He said Hyundai had to do that to get you to buy the car, not because the car lasts longer. There's no question that Subarus are designed and built better than Hyundais, and they last longer.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Hi-Point has a lifetime warranty. So perhaps your best bet.
    NRA Benefactor

Buy the CM9 and CM45. You'll be glad you did. If you shoot it and have no problems in the first year you wont havd any problems later.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Why should I buy a Kahr when other companies offer a some what similar product with a life time warranty? I've been eyeballing a CM9 and CM45 for a while now, and was just about to buy one before being turned off when their lack of long term support for their product was brought to my attention. It seems that if anything goes wrong after five years, It'd be cheaper for me to toss the $300 gun in the trash and buy new vs paying $60 per hour + shipping... I guess I'm hoping to hear something that will make me feel better about purchasing one of their firearms..
    I can't tell you why you should buy a Kahr, but I can tell you why I bought 3 of them. For me, it all started when I was looking for a CCW for my wife. I took her to the gun store with me, and she handled every pocket sized 9mm in the store. We left with the CW9, and it has performed flawlessly for her. She shoots it very well too! I liked the Kahr triggers, size, and ergonomics, so I ended up buying an MK40. I couldn't believe how well it shot, especially given how tiny it is! So, I had to have another one and bought a K9. I prefer all-metal guns in general, and I like the all-steel Kahrs better than the polymer frame Kahrs. Meanwhile, my wife's CW9 keeps running without a hitch. I like the low bore axis Kahrs have. I like their compact dimensions that make them perfect for concealment. I love the smooth triggers. Some don't like the amount of travel, but that's the tradeoff with a DAO pistol with no external manual safety and no extra "safety" lever in the center of the trigger (which I'm not a fan of). Best of all, they shoot great, or at least that has been my experience with them. I don't like "cocked and locked" SA mode of carry; ideally, I want a simple "point and shoot" DAO pistol, and Kahr fits that bill, in a perfect form factor for concealment.

I wish all products came with a no-questions-asked, unconditional transferrable lifetime warranty, but they don't, and I wish all companies had world class customer service. I have no idea whether Kahr has good CS or not, and I honestly didn't pay much attention to their warranty. If I like a product really well, I'm willing to take a risk that it will serve me well. Conversely, if I don't like a product, the best warranty in the world won't sway me to buy it. Some people place more value on warranties than I do. To me, the best warranty is the one I never have to use. So far, that's been the case with my Kahrs (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Hi-Point has a lifetime warranty. So perhaps your best bet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoQAuH7_LYY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLhpdoANN0
    so Bill says his works. it's just not the gun you would wear on open carry day, hehehehehe. $199MSRP, see them for $160.
    now if ya buy a $3K Wilson Combat, they send a limo to take the gun for repairs. those things need a tuneup every 10-15K rounds.

I'm sure that everyone is going to run out and get a Highpoint..................this is how the ammo thing got started