Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Favorite Kahr Thread

Default My Favorite Kahr Thread

For many years, I had but one Kahr, a Pm9. It is a blunt nosed one at that.

In the last year I have expanded that collection to 4 models. The PM9, an MK9, a K9 and a CW380.

I have always loved to hold and shoot metal guns, and the metal Kahrs have a great fondle factor.

This is a long way of saying I was thinking about which Kahr is my FAVORITE!

I won't try to justify with with any logic, because none applies. But, the MK9 is the one that I smile most when I think about it. The K9 is wonderful.

I probably haven't given the CW380 a good chance yet, since I haven't even shot it. But, I've disassembled it a bunch (another story) and its sort of feels like a little kid's cap gun to me. Of course, that tiny, light thing is what makes it so easy to carry.

I have put the CW380 in my pocket, and compared it to the PM9 and MK9. For me, they all pocket carry the same. I can run, jump, etc. and from a printing standpoint, they all look the same. Nobody would notice any of them and I can't tell them apart. In slacks, the MK9 might be a bit cumbersome due to being a little bit heavier, but I would probably just put it in a sport-coat inside pocket if I was in slacks anyway. I am not often in slacks these days.

So, while the MK9 is my favorite technically, nothing yet, Kahr or otherwise, has moved the PM9 out of the spot it has occupied in my pocket for the last 5 years. So, even if it is not my favorite, it is the one that goes everywhere with me.

For those with multiple Kahrs, which is your fave?

^^^ similar story. I like the looks of the MK9 the best...I shoot the K40 the best...but I like the feel of shooting the CM45 the best (something about the .45cal feel in such a small, lightweight package makes me smile). But I'll take a different path and say the Auto Ordinance M1 30cal is my favorite. That thing is very accurate at shorter distances and an absolute hoot to shoot. Something about it speaks to the devil on my shoulder and says; "go ahead and dump that ammo".
    ​O|||||||O

By far, the used PM45 I have, that I K-Kote'd ... great trigger, lots of wabisabi, accurate in my hands, flawless function. Can't ask for more.

My favorite is the K9.

Mk9

I only have 3 and all in the PM series, 9, 40, 45. PM45 is my favorite, just love the way it shoots and feels in the hand.

Between the K9 and T9 I have, the T is my favorite. Both are natural point and shoot accurate. Both are perfect for my hand.

I would have to say my (blunt nose) PM9. I find it hard to beat that small package and caliber.

MK9, my first love.
    Sooner Born and Sooner Bred

Tom Givens (Rangemaster) - Certified Advanced Firearms Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor

I'm crushed, I thought I was your first love. MK9 is an excellent choice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."