Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: Latest update to my DE 1911G

Default Latest update to my DE 1911G

Okay, so I was going to have the mainspring housing bobbed, but went in another direction. Cocobolo root grips, mag well and stainless muzzle brake... What do you think?

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice piece! I thought about doing what you thought about doing, but figured if I wanted a bobbed 1911 I'd buy a DW V-bob or Kimber Super Carry Pro HD. Since the reviews I've read on muzzle brakes without a ported barrel are mixed, I decided against it for my first 1911. Those are some beautiful grip panels indeed, I have nothing but love for all 1911s.
    “More evil gets done in the name of righteousness than any other way.” - Glen Cook
    "Every person is the center of their own universe" - My dad
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Yeah, the muzzle break was more of an experiment. It does reduce muzzle flip, but that could be a combination of some gasses being redirected and the added weight at the muzzle. I still can't get over the trigger and accuracy of this handgun.

Me too. Mine is incredible in the accuracy department even with me driving, it truly makes me look good.

I thought about bobbing mine, I've done 4 now with no fatalities but I'm almost afraid to do anything to that gun that might screw it up.

It's somehow blessed or something. I don't know why I don't carry it more. I love it.

I agree those are some magnificent handles on that thing too, really go well with it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah Bawanna, the grip panels are the best I could find for what I could afford. Got them from a craftsman down in Costa Rica. If my budget was more I would have been contacting you for a set of those stabilized wood beauties on your website. That said, I'm happy with them.

Still thinking about a 20LPI or 24LPI checkering on the front strap though. I have a buddy who just had his Ruger 1911R front strap checkered and I like it a lot.

I love front strap checkering, makes all the difference in the world. Wish I knew how to do it.

Don't need much of a budget to contact me. I wish I had a budget to get more of that stabilized wood. Not cheap but is good stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I use Pearce rubber finger groove wrap around grips with Magpul grip panels on my 1911, I like how it fills my hand and on a duty sized pistol that I do not plan on carrying IWB I don't mind the added width.
    “More evil gets done in the name of righteousness than any other way.” - Glen Cook
    "Every person is the center of their own universe" - My dad
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

An interesting look.