Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why not a CM22?

Default Why not a CM22?

If a .22LR pistol is a good trainer for trigger discipline, and the Kahr trigger takes a bit of training and practice to master, isn't a .22LR Kahr a no-brainer?

in the absence thereof, is there a good alternate that doesn't cost more than a Kahr (I'm talking to you, S&W. And you, Ruger!)

Charter Arms revo? Bersa Thunder 22?

Or just spend that money on ammo instead and enjoy life? I never quite got the ".22 is fun" memo, a gun is a gun, to me. They all take focus, concentration, and money to shoot well.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

LCR .22, SP101 .22...there are some auto-loaders too but I find DA revolver triggers better matched to Kahr triggers.
    ​O|||||||O

+1 on the LCR - I don't have the .22 but I do have the .357 and the DA trigger is great and IMO the .22 would be an excellent choice for training / practice. Wouldn't mind having one myself.

An LCR in .22 mag has been calling to me for a long time. But I think .22lr is more of what John is talking about. BTW. I bought a 1400 round bucket of Remington Golden Bullet at Cabela's for $69 the other day. Isn't that the stuff that's supposed to blow up? I better search the threads. But I got a lot of it.

Edit: I did a quick thread search and nothing came up other than Gene's issue about bugled cases and light strikes. I fired a couple cylinders full and had good ignition and cases were fine. So I guess I'm OK. Anyone else remember any bad threads about this stuff??

Thanks John. back to your thread.
    ​O|||||||O

I'd love an LCR but they're $400. I can buy 1500 rounds of 9mm ammo for that much. Or over 1000 rounds of .38SP for my GP100. Maybe that's the thing to do...

^^^ "Love the one you're with." CSN
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ "Love the one you're with." CSN
    Funny, when I tell my wife that, I have to sleep on the couch.

Crowded market. I highly doubt Kahr could add anything to the market at a price competitive with other 22LR's. Most folks would be turned off by a 22 priced the way Kahr would have to be priced.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Crowded market. I highly doubt Kahr could add anything to the market at a price competitive with other 22LR's. Most folks would be turned off by a 22 priced the way Kahr would have to be priced.
    guys got good point. Pretty tuff the beat any of the Ruger 22 semi's. I would leave that market alone and move to the double stack compacts. I thik tey need that to balance out their line of sub compacts. Hell 22 ammo is about as pricey as 9mm, ???? Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'd like to have a Kahr in .22LR about the size of a CT380. It would make a fine gun for carrying while fishing or camping.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380