Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 938

Default Sig 938

A friend of mine kept telling me to buy a small .45 for CCW. He was the guy pushing me to buy a 3.5 inch Rock Island .45 (which BTW, are pretty nice pistols for the $). I pulled out my PM9 and said to him... "It is pretty hard to beat this small package in 9mm for CCW. He then complained that 9mm isn't enough. (really...?)

Well, he called me up the other day and invited me over to see his new pistol. We actually met at a pistol range. He bought a Sig 938. It is in 9mm and is similar in size to a PM9 (a tad bigger and heavier maybe). Anyway..., he shot it then said.... "Oh, that is pretty snappy!" He did not invite me to shoot the gun (which is unusual). I am guessing that it might hurt a bit (unlike the PM9 which can be shot by my wife all day). I did not bust his chops for buying the "ineffective for CCW" 9mm caliber. As a matter of fact, I complimented him on the purchase of his new pistol and wished him luck. Knowing him, he will be selling it soon. Anyone have any experience with the 938?

They are a very good gun,Have one and not found it to be Snappy at all. 1911 type safety,which is nice for ccw condition 1.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

A friend has one, it's an all metal 1911 style pistol, trigger pull was about 7-8 pounds, heaver than a Kahr, but being SAO, a shorter pull. I'm a big fat guy, that shoots a lot, so almost nothing is "snappy" to me. I thought the recoil was simialr to my Ruger LCR .38 when shooting +P ammo. It did not hurt like a .357 snubby does.
    NRA Benefactor

While 9mm and .38 Special is as small a SD caliber I would wish to carry, I have never thought of 9mm as being "not enough". IMO, 9mm has been killing Europeans for a long, long time in both peace and war. It will do the same here in the "colonies".
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

I've only ever heard good things about the SIG 938, what ammo was he using, was it home defense or target ammo? If he sells if for a good price you may want to pick it up. Being a 911 type gun, I'm sure that trigger can be adjusted down to whatever pull you want.

That was just rude of him not to offer to let you shoot the 938 WMD. He was probably afraid that since you carry a 9, you'd think it wasn't too snappy at all.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Even a P380 can be snappy if you don't have a firm wrist. Just sayin.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have a 938. Don't really find it too snappy at all.

My thought was, he didn't me to shoot it because he didn't want my comments on it. The interesting thing is.... I brought my new Charter Arms .44 spl and let him shoot it. And he didn't reciprocate......? He is an interesting character.....

I have never run into anyone that I let shoot my gun not reciprocate. I had 2 Sig p238's that shot anything including range reloads as does my mk9. Sold the p238's still have the mk9.