Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Besides being ugly, Another reason to NOT buy a Glock

what is the blue label thing, never hard of it. I bought my G43 a couple of weeks ago and had to show drivers license and then fill out form 4473. Utter than that I was ask nuttin and I have a ccw lifetime Indiana permit but they didn't need it either. We really gave no idea eiter what these gun shops do with form 4473 either. They can sell the mailing list without our knowledge, they are ot under any obligation to cover our asses, to my knowledge.

My dealer is a very very large Glock dealer and I would have thought if the Blue Label thingf was advantages to his business he would have mentioned it...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Blue Label sales income is miniscule.
    BINGO-END OF CONVERSATION

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    what is the blue label thing, never hard of it.
    Jocko is admitting of not knowing something
    it is a discount offered from Glock for 1rst responders & military, S&W also offers a similar discount but you never hear anybody complaining about it.
    BOB

It's not nice to trifle with Jocko. No man, except for possibly Muggsy, can know everything there is to know about everything. Even I have forgotten a few things. Where the hell are my car keys?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

You're right, shops CAN sell your info. But, nobody can demand to see a 4473 except ATF. Even local PD cannot demand it, without a warrant for the specific 4473 in question.

I have worked at ranges, helped folks fill out maybe two or three hundred 4473's, have filled out my share too, and I have a good working relationship with a few dealer's, small shops and small FFL transfer guys. I don't know one instance where one of those shops would sell the 4473 information. Those guys have a "screw 'em" attitude towards ATF and Uncle Obama, and pretty much keep 4473's as one of their "gotta do" things.

Big place like Cabelas, Gander, Cheaper-than-Dirt, etc etc, I dunno. Some corporate stuffed shirt liberal butt-ranger might have a "screw 'em" towards gun buyers and see a way to climb the corporate ladder a rung by getting income from the information.

Just sayin'!

^ Not convinced Glock actually demanded the yellow sheets or all their data. Only have whiny dealer's word on that. Bet the other side of the story be different.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ESAFO View Post
    BINGO-END OF CONVERSATION

Jocko is admitting of not knowing something
    it is a discount offered from Glock for 1rst responders & military, S&W also offers a similar discount but you never hear anybody complaining about it.
    now I know why I didn'[t know that, I didn't qualify for either... Now that I know that I feel I am back on the 100% track of knowing everything. Just sayin. life can be a real b!tch knowing everything...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    You're right, shops CAN sell your info. But, nobody can demand to see a 4473 except ATF. Even local PD cannot demand it, without a warrant for the specific 4473 in question.

I have worked at ranges, helped folks fill out maybe two or three hundred 4473's, have filled out my share too, and I have a good working relationship with a few dealer's, small shops and small FFL transfer guys. I don't know one instance where one of those shops would sell the 4473 information. Those guys have a "screw 'em" attitude towards ATF and Uncle Obama, and pretty much keep 4473's as one of their "gotta do" things.

Big place like Cabelas, Gander, Cheaper-than-Dirt, etc etc, I dunno. Some corporate stuffed shirt liberal butt-ranger might have a "screw 'em" towards gun buyers and see a way to climb the corporate ladder a rung by getting income from the information.

Just sayin'!
    when I retired after over 40 years of gun business, we are instructed to send all of our 4473 forms intro ATF (forgot where). N doubt a central warehouse. I just took all those years forms and threw them in a big lawn mower box and shipped up the ATF. I have no doubt they have never touched that box and it is still sitting somewhere inn the dissaray that I sent that sh!t in to them. \they wold play hell trying to ever look into all those years records and finding anything....

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

when I retired after over 40 years of gun business, we are instructed to send all of our 4473 forms intro ATF (forgot where). N doubt a central warehouse. I just took all those years forms and threw them in a big lawn mower box and shipped up the ATF. I have no doubt they have never touched that box and it is still sitting somewhere inn the dissaray that I sent that sh!t in to them. \they wold play hell trying to ever look into all those years records and finding anything....
    there's more than 1 way to skin that cat, you get a ATTA BOY for that move Jocko.
    BOB

Yeah, from back in the day. Problem(?) now be they're pretty much all done by computer entry and digitally stored.

Me, I don't much worry about it anymore. Kinda like that 93 year old Nazi prison guard that just got caught up with. At my age, whut the hell ya'll gonna do to me now anyway?
    NRA Benefactor

We were told we had to keep records going back 20 years, then we could shitcan them. If we were to close business, then we'd send 'em in.

No doubt, that box of Jocko's is sittin' within spittin' distance from that crate with the "Lost Arc" in it.