Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: My New CW40

Default My New CW40

Is really sweet...

It's about the same size as my M&P Shield 9mm except the pistol grip is about 1/2" longer, which fits my medium sized hand perfectly with the stock 6rnd magazine. I'm a big proponent of DOA triggers for self defense carry guns and I have to say, this trigger is far better than the Shield's. Not knocking on the Shield, it is a great carry pistol except I didnt feel comfy with what I describe as it having a "hair trigger", other than that, very reliable & accurate. But Like I said, I feel more comfortable with the trigger on the Kahr and how it fits in my hand. Recoil to me at least, feels like a hot 9mm load and is very controllable. My first time with the CW40 at my local indoor range I put in 150 rounds of WWB 165 gr. FMJ's with no problems, a few times I double tapped it and I was able to get inside the black circle of a NRA B-16 pistol target up to 15 yards. (ok so I had a few fliers) I feel very comfortable in carrying this pistol.

I ordered a extra factory mag from Cabela's for it and it arrived today along with my 2 holster combo from Alien Gear! And tomorrow I'm expecting my order from Freedom Munitions to come in! If it wasn't for my wife's Ford giving her a heartbreak I'd be at the range this coming tuesday (my day off!) I can't wait to take it out to the range again...

The holsters I order were the IWB cloak tuck 2.0 & the OWB with an extra shell for the Shield. Fit & finish is exceptional and the price for all including shipping was just under 80 bux. As soon as I'm able to post pics, I will.

Sounds like you got a really good fit for your needs. It should serve you well.

My CW45 is a great little gun as is my CT380. Am thinking about a CW9 for the next Kahr purchase.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Went to the range again today and shot 150 rounds of Freedom Munitions reman 180 gr. RNFP and all 150 rounds functioned flawlessly and afterwards the pistol was noticably less dirtier than the 150 rounds of WWB I used in my first outing with the pistol. Accuracy was off slightly, seems like the gun liked the 165 gr. better, or maybe it was me, not sure yet.
    I bought a can of Birchwood casey gun scrubber and stuck the spray tube into the striker channel hole and gave it a couple good blasts and all sorts of soot, little specks & yellowish grease came out, I kept spraying until it came out clean, just a couple squirts really. Now looking at the rear of the slide at the firing pin spring thing I can see that it is perfectly cleaned. When I first brought the pistol home from the shop and cleaned it, I did noticed a thin layer of a heavy grease coated most of the guns surface. It reminded me of cosmoline, maybe that is what Kahr uses? That grease was also what I sprayed out in the striker channel.

I'm really happy with my CW40 and it's now in my holster & became my EDC.