CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P380 Jammed/stuck slide - help solve my screwup

Thanks guys for the help. I'm in the middle of a cornfield in SouthEast Iowa.

I'm with you now on NOT driving the pin out from the right side and why, I think.

Iowa, damn, that's a far piece from Wa. I'll have to stop for gas.

I'm not sure by your last post your with us here. Tapping the takedown lever pin from the right side IS the plan. If you tap it and it moves and the left side tabs clear the slide then yank that puppy right out of there and you should be home free. If you tap it and the left side tabs are hitting inside the slide frame rails your still stuck. Then you'll have to try driving that slide forward wiggling everything possible to free up it's path. I gotta believe a good rap on the back of that slide would push it forward, I don't get what it's hanging up on.
    I'll start loading the van, looks like it's gonna be an overnighter.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

OK, now I am with you. Not sure why I got the one a couple back screwed up.

It does appear by looking carefully from the top as I try and put pressure on the right side of the pin, that the pin wants to move but the rear portion of the slide stop lever on the left side does not.

I agree it's stuck inside the left frame rail. On what is still a mystery to me.

Looking up into the mag well, I can see nothing that appears helpful.

I have tried manipulating the barrel with finger pressure on the chamber in the ejection port, and even putting a wooden pencil in the barrel and trying different directions of pressure there, and even using my third hand to tap on the back of the slide at the same time manipulating the trigger.

Maybe I'm not holding my tongue just right. I'm 'bout ready to walk away and start fresh again later.

If you guys can get me out of this jam, I may have to seriously think of some reward. Dozen ears of good Iowa sweet corn or something.

Ok the pencil / dowel trick in the barrel is good. Assuming the takedown lever is indeed inside the slide rails which I gotta believe it is we gotta stick with pushing that slide forward.
    The barrel being able to move up and down is really perplexing because that is the part that should be wedged on the slide stop pin. If the barrel is moving up and down that doesn't sound like what's happening.
    My next trick if I was in Iowa holding your gun which I may be soon, would be to put the slide in a nicely padded vise with the mag well up. Get the slide nice and snug and wiggle that barrel up and down and pull back with the frame. See if you can get any movement happening. If at any point you get to the witness marks where that slide stop lever would clear the slide, drive it out. Tap it, whatever it takes. It's starting to sound like rather than a wedge situation something has dropped or got snagged somehow but looking at mine, I can't see what the heck it would be. I best go take another look see.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

OK - that's gonna mean a trip down to the basement workshop.

Good place to stop today.

Thanks a ton, you make me believe I might get out of this yet.

God Bless You, Son.

We'll get you out. Don't panic, and take it slow. The barrel may need to go fore and aft (backwards and forwards) not up and down. A love tap to the front of the barrel might be in order, while the pistol is in that padded vise. As you say take a siesta and come back fresh. We'll be here.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Siesta? Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead, lets give this stuck up wench the cure. Pour a cup of Jack Daniels down the barrel and swallow it as it comes out the mag well? Might give us a whole new perspective.
    How we suppose to sleep with a jamed gun in the house.
    I'm gonna try not thinking about this for awhile so maybe I can sleep tonight. It' unusually hot here in WA last couple days, how hot was it you day? It's damn hot. I gonna go in my relatively cool little workshop and tear my PM apart again, maybe do an exocism on it to remove the evil demons from the aforementioned P380. If nothing else maybe I'll stop thinking about that angel that turned me to stone. Must be a double agent angel, the devil is inside my head making me want to see her front. Maybe a paper sack?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Wynn, you got your P380 back, what's your take on this situation. Is there anything much different between the 380 and the PM45 that I'm missing?

Don't jamb yours up.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I can sleep good tonight because of several other weapons that are ready for service whenever the need should arise.

Weather here is mid 80's and fairly high humidity. Had a family reunion/potluck tonight, and you could sweat just standing talking. Not much for a breeze.

And I can't say enough how much I appreciate you guys taking on my problem.

Talk to you tomorrow.

No worries, I used to work with a rather large, goofy, but large Cpl. from Winnebago County. Good people and sorely missed too. Just let us know what else we can do for you.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.