Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P380 Jammed/stuck slide - help solve my screwup

Any progress on the elusive stuck up 380?

All I can think about, well this and the angel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would just send it back to the factory and let the pro's do what they do best. It's not worth the risk of doing unreversalbe damage IMO.

Monday update for you guys. No progress.

I'm going to go to my local FFL holder and have him ship it to the factory.

I'll try and get ahold of them first and see if they have anything else to say before it ships.

I'll let you all know.

Thanks again for all the brainpower.

Jack

Sure wish I could have played with this one a little bit. Too many things I can't comprehend. Now we'll never know. Oh well. They'll make it correct.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Did we ever have a happy ending on this stuck 380? People wanna know.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

No, sorry. I tried everything suggested and even some stuff and combinations that weren't. Finally took it to my local gun dealer, wrote a letter with all the gory details, and had to send it in to the factory. Haven't heard anything back yet from them, but it hasn't been shipped long.

If I ever find out what the h-e-double toothpicks happened for sure, I'll post it.

Thanks again fellas.

Festus

Sorry, keep us posted at any rate. Wish we could have helped a bit more.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Just for everyone information:
    I did the exact same thing, and man did it make me feel dumb.
    I had even read this thread before, and still did it.

But I think I found out what keeps the slide from coming off.
    The barrel keeps the slide from moving back any further, but the cocking cam is what keeps it from moving forward. When the slide rolls over that cocking cam it pops up and won't let the slide go back forward.
    I was able to stick a thin piece of metal between the cocking cam and the back of the frame and roll the cam enough to get it clear of the slide.
    If anyone else has this problem, get ahold of me and I can go into more detail if need be.

If it were mine, I would vise it up protecting the finish with what ever and then make a wooden dowel the size of that slide stop pin on the right side of the gun, or put a peace of duct tape over the right side of that slide stop pin and get a brass punch the same size as the pin and align everything up and give it one good blast with a hammer and that pin will come out, with no damage to anything. Kahr will do the same to it

what you did is not stupid, I have to admit I did it on my kahr and it was a damn BRAIN FAULT. I did exactly what I have stated for you to do and it worked.

I think of the slide locking open about every shot, that it could be ammo related, or thumb hitting the slide stop lever. Or the slide stop lever was installed incorrectly under that little spring instead of over it... very common mistake to. Shooting lefthanded will show if tha tis the issue. You might want to refer to the propper prepping of your new kahr to as it talks about checking to see if your rounds are hitting the inside of the slide stop lever. If that be the case I am sure kahr wills end you another lever..

Mattroach, that slide coming of hard on the P380 kahrs are very common, With the slide lock lever out pull the slide forward and at the same time pull the trigger and it will come off. The manual states other wise but I have been told by kahr inside people to do this and indeed it works on my gun perfect..

I can't believe it, but I did this, also. A call to Kahr made me feel like an idiot when the tech on the phone had never even heard of it happening. But, I ultimately did what mattroach did, except I used a small paper clip, straightened, with a 1/16" ninety degree bend in the end. The cocking cam needed to be pulled back in its rotation about 1/16". When the slide is stuck on the cam, the trigger will pull but the cam won't rotate, even though the trigger pull feels the same.

Mattroach's fix just saved me a return trip to Kahr.
    Last edited by Wlfman13; 10-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.