Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: CM45 Barrel/Slide Peening

Default CM45 Barrel/Slide Peening

I just picked up my new CM45 yesterday and took it to the range today. I shot 50 Federal red box factory loads and 100 of my 230 gr light lead reloads. The pistol functioned fine with the exception of it sluggishly going back into battery occasionally. During disassembly for cleaning the barrel was tight to remove, so tight that I had to use a dowel and tap it out from the muzzle. After cleaning and checking the barrel and slide I found peening on both.

Is this normal? The peening of the slide has left a high spot on both sides of the barrel causing the tight removal. My first thought is to remove the high spots on the slide.

I wouldn't sweat that. The peening that you gotta watch for is the top and angled parts of the barrel hood. Thats where the barrel locks. That's just a little wear in, maybe a little bashing, but I'd not sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    I wouldn't sweat that. The peening that you gotta watch for is the top and angled parts of the barrel hood. Thats where the barrel locks. That's just a little wear in, maybe a little bashing, but I'd not sweat it.
    Thanks CJB. I'm going to take off the high spots to eliminate the sticky barrel and hope it goes no farther.