Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: Cw380 slide

Default Cw380 slide

I had some light strikes with one brand of ammo in my CW380. I detail stripped the slide to check out the striker and channel. Everything looks OK but one spot at the back of the extractor opening. One spot goes through into the striker channel and looks like the metal was cut too thin in that area. Definitely not a machined hole. Kahr told me it was a cleanout hole but that's a machined hole leading into the smaller channel on the other side. Anybody know if this 'hole' is supposed to be there behind the extractor looking into the striker channel? I'm thinking the only hole should be the one for the extractor pin & spring.
    Thanks
    -RDW

I can't tell what you are referring to without photos. You may have to provide a link to the photos since I don't know if you can post them until you get more posts in.

Yes, there is a hole behind the extractor that goes into the striker channel, perpendicular to the extractor rod. My p380 has one.

OK. I was trying to post more detail but the forum logged me back out too quick. Topgun's description sounds like where my opening is. It's like the striker channel cut gets real close to the extractor area and leaves a hole there. Thanks for the replies!
    -RDW

Quote Originally Posted by rdw240 View Post
    I had some light strikes with one brand of ammo in my CW380. I detail stripped the slide to check out the striker and channel. Everything looks OK but one spot at the back of the extractor opening. One spot goes through into the striker channel and looks like the metal was cut too thin in that area. Definitely not a machined hole. Kahr told me it was a cleanout hole but that's a machined hole leading into the smaller channel on the other side. Anybody know if this 'hole' is supposed to be there behind the extractor looking into the striker channel? I'm thinking the only hole should be the one for the extractor pin & spring.
    Thanks
    -RDW
    I do believe that hole is there not by mistake...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Going by memory, maybe when you flush out the striker channel with the other hole, it also simultaneously flushes out the extractor mechanism at that end. I use the non chlorinated brake cleaner to spray into the main hole. I seem to remember that extra hole, but didn't get into existential questions at the time.

Ok, Looks like the hole is normal. The gun works well with several types of ammo. Just one brand so far that fails to go bang like 60-80% and others work 100%. I don't think its the energy of the strike. It shoots a wooden chopstick about 3 ft. up in a pencil test. I think it's a hair on the shallow side. Fired casings have a nice dimple but I think the case being forced against the breech and striker when fired causes that. The primers on the no-fires have a bit less dimple on them. The striker pin looks like it comes far enough past the breech face but I think if it was a little farther I'd have 100% bang! I'm close to just sending it in to Kahr. New in Jan. with maybe 400 rds.

-RDW