Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Hands

Question Bad Hands

The ravages of age have hit me and I have trouble grasping the slide on my PM-9. The new H&K VP9 has little extensions on the back of the slide to help with the grasp. Also, Springer Precision offers similar retrofits for Glocks and Springfields. Has anyone seen or know of something similar for a PM-9? Has anyone had something made by a gunsmith that does the same thing?

It wasn't made by a gunsmith, but I just bought the wife one..........................it's called a revolver

I'm having the same problem with my CT380 - it's still pretty tough to rack that little slide.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I've seen posts where somebody added friction tape to the serrations. Looked like a pretty good fix.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    I've seen posts where somebody added friction tape to the serrations. Looked like a pretty good fix.
    That does work well on my CW45. Harrylee had a post showing it a while back.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Had a similar problem a few years back and solved it by using the overhand slide rack instead of the pinch and pull style. Place your free hand over the slide facing your shoulder with thumb and fingers on each side, grip with hand and push toward shoulder. I keep the push going till my hand is forced off the slide to prevent hanging on.

If you're already doing that then I'm out of ideas.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Had a similar problem a few years back and solved it by using the overhand slide rack instead of the pinch and pull style. Place your free hand over the slide facing your shoulder with thumb and fingers on each side, grip with hand and push toward shoulder. I keep the push going till my hand is forced off the slide to prevent hanging on.

If you're already doing that then I'm out of ideas.
    Same here. Old age and arthritis are taking their toll. I use the same approach as OldLincoln and it works pretty well. Have a terrible time sliding the slide back and locking it. I tried holding the slide with a terrycloth wash rag the other day and it seemed to help. Might try it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Same here. Old age and arthritis are taking their toll. I use the same approach as OldLincoln and it works pretty well. Have a terrible time sliding the slide back and locking it. I tried holding the slide with a terrycloth wash rag the other day and it seemed to help. Might try it.

The easiest way to lock the slide back, is to install an empty mag and rack the slide like you would to chamber a round. It will lock back, no muss no fuss.

A loss of fine motor skills helped me to learn this, and lots of other things.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

The pinch and pull technique is only used by those who limp wrist when shooting. A real man uses the heal of his hand and all four fingers. (We are still talking racking the slide aren't we?)
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Kahrtalk really is a geezer board, ain't it?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling