CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recoil Spring Guide Nut Missing

It could be the 380 doesn't generate enough energy to address the need for the bottom end of the captive spring setup (light loads) and they only have to address the high end to take care of the "Hot Rounds".

Just a scientific wild arse guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just a followup: Received the new recoil spring assembly from Kahr yesterday. Less than 2 weeks from notification to delivery. Decent customer service, I'd say. Now gotta get some Locktite.

If I were you and I'm not, I'd try to remove that nut before buying the Locktite. If it has Locktite you're not going to get it off or need more Locktite. Just sayin.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Have to agree with vacation man, it's the loose ones that go bye-bye
    NRA Benefactor

A person could put a small witness mark on the guide rod and nut to visually see if the nut ever turns, remembering of course that it is on the business end and due caution would be highly recommended.

One could also easily stake that nut on too. Probably neither is necessary. As Muggs so eloquently stated, if it was loctited before it left, it ain't going no where.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This happened to my CM9 today. I hadn't heard of anyone else's doing that. I came home and did a search. Mine fit flush and when I left the house all was well. I went to the range and ran about 6 mags through her and when I came home and took it down for cleaning the nut had gone bye bye. I emailed Kahr. We will see what happens.
    Pocket Pistol
    Go Gamecocks!!!

Talk about Excellent Customer Service. I got an Email back from Kahr Monday. And got a new guide rod Friday. I am happy. Put it in my little pistol and I'll be hitting up the range tomorrow.
    Pocket Pistol
    Go Gamecocks!!!

Hi Guys,

Just noticed the same thing has happened to my new PM9. I'll be giving Kahr a call Monday and hopefully they'll send me a new assembly with no fuss, but I just want to make sure: this missing end cap will not affect performance correct? (i.e., only for aesthetic purposes?)?

Thanks!

This happened to mine a couple of years ago and my CM9 was still functional. Kahr did send me a new recoil spring assembly free of charge.