Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gold dot 124 gr. 9mm

Default gold dot 124 gr. 9mm

Hi All, I'm new to the forum, Great place to find out our about gun of choice. I'm coming from a shield. Great gun but a little big for my purpose. My problem is i'm useng gold dot in my cm9 and every 2nd mag i get a ftf I have to hit the slide to get it to chamber.Is anyone else having that problem with gd124 rounds. if so what round did you go to for sd. when i use other ammo it seems fine. But i want a sd round that works all the time. I've got over 500 rounds thru it already. thanks for your help. Ijay.

My choice for SD round is the 124 grain +P GDHP. It's performed flawlessly in my PM9. I'm sure one of the Wise Old Owls that hang around here will chime in with some good information and advice for you. They're pretty knowledgeable.

I use the 124-grain +P GDSB in my PM9 and P9 with never a problem. Do you give a sharp rap of the back of the mag to your palm to fully seat all of the bullets to the rear? Kahr 9mm mags don't seem to hold the top rounds securely enough to keep them from migrating forward, especially that top round after chambering a round and the next round is pulled forward, waiting to take a dive rather than go up the ramp.

When my P380 started doing that, I replaced the recoil springs, but yours seem too new to need that.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I use the 124-grain +P GDSB in my PM9 and P9 with never a problem.

Wynn
    This is exactly what I use in my PM9. The function is flawless. I'll always shoot outh the loaded chamber and mag before switching to cheap target ammo, each time at the range, to make sure my carry setup is working properly.

Never once had a failure of any sort.

The recoil is a lot harder with the 124+p naturally, but function is flawless.
    Hello, Vinny. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check!

I switch between Federal Hst 147 gr. and Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr...........................both work for me.

Are these reloads or factory bullets? If reloads then you need to shorten the OAL. If factory do as suggested and replace the recoil springs.

Default gold dot

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Are these reloads or factory bullets? If reloads then you need to shorten the OAL. If factory do as suggested and replace the recoil springs.
    New pistol New ammo

Bullet gets hung up on the hollow point.

Other than polishing the feed ramp (some more) and the chamber throat, I'd recommend trying different ammo until I find one that works 100%. There are plenty of options other than GD. I've been using Golden Saber 124 and 147 in my MK9 with no issues (but it's well broken in).

You may find as the gun gets older that it gets more accepting of various ammo. IOW your GD might run just fine after a few hundred rounds down range.

Good luck!
    ​O|||||||O

Is the gun rough to cycle by hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk